“Stingrays, Barrier Reefs and Miami Vice Boats” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 58 activities in George Town
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Cayman Eco Adventures offers trips to Grand Cayman's famous Stingray City. With groups limited twenty five, an experienced crew and a fast boat, you will see for yourself why we are one of the best tour companies in the Cayman Islands.
Campbell, California
“Stingrays, Barrier Reefs and Miami Vice Boats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I'm Scottish so I'm tight. There. I said it. I don't mind paying for something but it has to be worthwhile.

I've always been wary about booking tours while on vacation. It can be a real crap shoot. Most times they're just out to milk the clients. Make as much cash for as little outlay as possible. The bigger tour companies tend to be quite impersonal which I dislike too. We originally booked a tour with Red Sail because they had an office in our hotel and got reasonably good ratings online. But they screwed us over. They cancelled our tour because we were the only people who signed up (which I can understand), but they decided that it was too much hassle walking 100 feet to post a note on our hotel room door. Their loss!

Thankfully Captain Kevin "Smoke Me A Kipper Skipper" Zimmer and his trusty sidekick, Kat came to the rescue! They managed to fit us in on their Stingray City tour very last minute and even gave me leeway in figuring out my atrocious Paypal deposit issues that same night. Phew!

Kevin picked us up at our Hotel right on time (truth be told he was actually a bit early, so the other guests decided to get off the bus to check out our sweet digs). After another customer pickup we headed up the coast and boarded his speedy Miami-Vice-esq boat. Memories of Jan Hammer, Ferrari Testarossa's, sock-less shoes and pale blue two piece suits sprang to mind…

There were ~14 guests in total but plenty of room onboard. The boat was clean, safe and as I said, super fast! Kevin switched up the plans & took us to the Barrier Reed first since Stingray City was jam packed with other tourist boats. At the reef, we had a good 30-40 minutes to snorkel. I highly recommend taking a waterproof camera because there was so much to see. The reef was beautiful & inspiring, as were the fish and baby stingrays.

Once the tourists thinned out a bit, we cruised over to StingRay City. Kevin, Kat and the photographer (who was quite literally one of the most hilarious chaps I'd met the entire trip) took us out into the beautiful shallow clear blue waters on the sandbar and proceeded to help us touch, kiss , feed and get wet back massages from the semi-domesticated stingrays. What an experience! Something I will surely never forget.

From there we headed over to a wonderful secluded beach near Rum Point where we had a chance to relax, soak up the sun and recover from our aquatic encounter. Throughout the entire trip, we never felt rushed. Kevin and Kat were always accommodating to the needs & assistance of the group (some of the auld timers found it hard getting in and off the boat). All in all, an excellent day out.

I'm pretty sure that if we lived on Grand Cayman, Kevin and Kat are the kind of people we would gravitate towards. Fun. Friendly. Easy going. Entertaining. Down to earth & intelligent. We were so glad that Red Sail screwed up otherwise we would never have had the amazing personal experience we got with Cayman Eco Adventures. Thanks again and if you guys are ever in the Bay Area please let me return the hospitality !!!

5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic sting ray adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We loved every second of this unique day. We took a boat out to Stingray City and Starfish Point. Our 3 and 5 year old loved the adventure. The group was small and intimate and the guides were helpful and knowledgable. A photographer was on hand to capture our unique, hands-on sting ray experience. His photos were high quality and well priced. I highly recommend this company!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Perfect Stingray City Trip w Cayman Eco Adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had an absolutely amazing day with Kevin and his crew! After finding Cayman Eco Adventures on Trip Advisor, my wife and I decided to visit Stingray City with Kevin and his team. We could not have made a better decision! This is a rare kind of company, one that absolutely caters to its customers, is supremely knowledgeable about their craft and has a great time doing what they do in a perfectly laid back, island kind of way. They shared the beautiful environment of Grand Cayman with visitors while not disturbing its current state. Kevin and his team are naturals, making event the most reluctant participants feel comfortable. We started our tour headed for Stingray City with great excitement. Upon arrival, Kevin chose to have us snorkel the nearby reef first to avoid crowds. The snorkeling environment was truly amazing! When the eleven of us had our share, Kevin delayed again to avoid crowds. After a short and scenic delay, we arrived at Stingray City and had the beautiful creatures to ourselves. With a ratio of three Stingrays per person it was surreal. We got to learn about each animal’s distinct personality, some of their individual history and even feed them. What a hoot! The perfect day ended with a rare sunbow while headed back to port. I cannot recommend Cayman Eco Adventures strongly enough and would never think of visiting Grand Cayman again without taking their Stingray City tour again.

Hayden, Idaho
3 attraction reviews
“Best thing to do in Grand Cayman!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I went to Stingray City with Cayman Eco Adventures the first week of April while on a RCI cruise to the Grand Cayman. We found this company on Trip Advisor and started the process of reservations online, which was flawless. We arrived in Grand Cayman and found "Captain Kevin" right where he said he would be. We took a short ride to the marina to get to the boat. We met "Kat" (the first mate) and they were both GREAT! We decided to go with their company based on the reviews we read and because they limit their cruises to 25 people. We had 14 people on our trip and they took us anyway, When we got to Stingray City is was PACKED with other boats that were PACKED with people. So they modified the trip, took us snorkeling first to try to allow some of the other boats to leave. Kat is SO knowledgable about the stingrays and was very informative about what to do and what not to do. She showed us how to feed them with no problems and we felt competely safe and had no reservations about being in the wild with these beautiful creatures! The stingrays are in their natural environment which I think enhances the experience. They can come and go as they please.

On the way back they provided us with soda, water and fresh fruit. We would definately do this again with these same people. If you get a chance to go there and are on a cruise, AVOID the cruise lines tour because it is SO packed with people I don't know that you would be able to have the same adventure as we did if you had to share it with so many people.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My friend and I went to Stingray City with Cayman Eco Adventures last week and are SO glad that we did! It was a wonderful experience. It was very organized from our pre-trip booking to our pier pickup (we were visiting Grand Cayman on a cruise) to our dropoff back downtown. There were only four people on the boat so it was like having a private tour! The snorkeling was fantastic (and I'm not just saying that-- I've been snorkeling since I was little so I've gotten to do it all over the place!) and getting to pet and feed the stingrays was so amazing! They snuggle right up against you! It was so cool! Kate and Kevin, who run the boat, provide chopped-up fish to feed them so they come right up and eat out of your hands. It's not like other stingray places where they are penned in and can't escape. These ones like the food and attention so they're there because they want to be, not because they have to be.

On the way back to the dock there was fresh tropical fruit, soda, and water provided to us.

I highly recommend Cayman Eco Adventures!!! If my travels take me back to Grand Cayman, I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Visited April 2013