“excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 60 Activities in George Town
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beach Bum Watersports specializes in small group tours. We offer Kayak Snorkel Tours, Self Drive Mini Boat Tours, Beach Horseback Trail Ride Tours, Jet Ski Safaris. WE ARE GROWING AGAIN, we now are running the Happy Hour Party Boat Sunset Cruises. We also have a retail store location right next to the Royal Watler Cruise Ship terminal. Our store offers cold drinks,T-shirts, Snorkel Gear rentals / sales, Kayak rentals, Sea Jet rentals, and Duty Free Liquor sales to the cruise ship passengers. Please come by and see us! We Rent Fun!!!
garrison, tx
“excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our party boat, snorkel, beach adventure (which came highly recommended from others) was cancelled last minute due to a lightning/thunderstorm. Tami with Beach Bum watersports was right there assuring us our money would be returned and was very apologetic. Everyone then departed except for my wife and I. With some time to kill I asked Tami where was the best seafood. She Immediately said Rackam's, asked us to follow her to her shop where she gave us a discount coupon!! She was right, the food there was great!! Thanks so much to Tami and Beach Bum watersports even though the weather didnt allow us to go on the actual excursion!!

Visited August 2013
BeachBumWatersports, Owner at Beach Bum Watersports, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I am still sorry that you did not get to experience our new tour in Grand Cayman( that we offer exclusively with Carnival Cruise Line). Hopefully the next time you travel through Cayman the weather with cooperate and you will be able to give it a try. I am very glad that you liked my recommendation for lunch. Despite the weather I hope you truly enjoyed your time in Grand Cayman. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Hope to see you soon!!!

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Jet Ski Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just went today and had a fantastic time! We actually requested an early morning tour at 8:30 and they were able to do that for us. It ended up being just my husband and I due to going so early in the morning and it was a great and personalized tour! We arrived 15-20 minutes early, since we decided to drive ourselves and they were there and ready for us. We had a fantastic tour and we later found out our tour guide Rich was actually just filling in for the normal guide who does the tours (he normally does boat tours). He was fantastic and it shows the quality of employees that work there when people can fill in for each other and you wouldn't even know unless they told you. The stingrays, snorkeling and star fish beach were great! I would definitely recommend to everyone here to use this company! My husband and I can be a bit picky when we are spending our money and we have absolutely no complaints. My only problem all day was that we didn't bring even more cash to tip Rich! It was well worth it!

Visited August 2013
Was great to meet you on our Jet Ski Safari Tour. I immediately forwarded your review to Rich when I received it. He said you made his day!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you soon back in Grand Cayman.
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Jet ski tour to Stingray sandbar & Starfish Beach...a "MUST DO"!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this excursion on our own while traveling with Royal Caribbean. There were 8 total in our group including 6 & 8 year old boys and a grandma:). The store front had a little liquor store inside & will send any purchases back to the boat for you. They also had drinks & snorkel equipment for purchased if you needed to grab something. Corrine was our guide & we met up with her in the store front right outside the cruise terminal port. She gave us loads of information about the island & wildlife throughout our tour with her!

We were driven to the yacht club where we boarded the jet skis. After a brief tutorial & being supplied with snorkel equipment, we were on our way! After about a 20 ride through the open waters, our first stop was with the stingrays...this was so incredibly amazing! The water was warm & waist deep, although the kids could not reach the bottom without treading water. There were tons of stingrays just swimming around. It was a little unnerving at first, but you quickly realize how gentle & harmless they really are! I even got a chance to hold a few in my arms. I wish we could have spent a little more time with them.

We then got back on the jet skis for a very short drive across the way to Starfish Beach. This was interesting because we got to handle them & see how starfish move & flip over if turned on there backside. There were only a handful of starfish in the shallow waters, but several along perimeter where the waters drop off from the ledge.

The 20 minute jet ski drive back to the yacht club was a rough one with choppy water, but nothing that was too hard to handle! The kids had a great time & enjoyed jumping the waves all the way back. We finished up with a drive back to the store front in the same nice air conditioned van back to the store front. Once there, we used the freshwater showers to rinse off with & headed out for lunch (not included).

I'd do this tour again & I highly recommend this company! They were very professional & even compensated us for a slight hiccup without us even even asking! They also gave us a discount card to enjoy lunch afterwards @ Rackums (a yummy restaurant just down the street).

Visited August 2013
Hi Guys, It was a real pleasure taking you on the Jet Ski Safari. I am glad that you choose our tour. Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review for us. This means the world to us. Hope to see you all here again soon!!!!!
Houston, Texas
“A fun excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ended up on this trip by chance and had a fun day. Karin was our guide. The trip consisted of being picked up from hotel and heading down to Yacht club were we were given crash course on how to ride a jet ski. The group was small. 8 including the guide. One couple rode together. We rode out to the sand bar and snorkeled with stingray before heading over to see some starfish - huge ones. Hotel to hotel we were out about 4 hrs and just over 3 of that was out on the water. $125 US per jet ski. What was great was the group was small, Karin was very knowledgable which made the whole experience. Word of waring. - watch the weather. It was post tropical storm weather, with lots of white caps, so made the ride on the jet ski uncomfortable out in the deeper water. The wife and I are reasonable strong and fit but both felt it the next day. Not sure there policy on younger children, so would check and use caution, pending weather.
Swimming and feeding the stingrays on the sand bar, was amazing and worth every penny. You are up close with the beautiful and majestic fish.

Visited July 2013
Cork
3 attraction reviews
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had such a great time on the jet ski safari, had been out to sting ray city on a boat tour but it was so much better and more personal to go out on this tour, Karin our guide was excellent, really friendly and helpful. Definitely worth it.

Visited May 2013
BeachBumWatersports, Owner at Beach Bum Watersports, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a review. We hope to see you back in Grand Cayman soon!