“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

+1 345-949-7415
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cathy Church's Photo Centre located at Sunset House hotel has the largest selection of duty-free cameras at the lowest prices in the Caribbean. Whether you need the latest DSLR camera or lens, a waterproof camera to take to the beach, a spare battery or charger, a t-shirt and sunhat or even just a candy bar and a cold water, their friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you. They have been the photo experts in the Cayman Islands since 1972. Be sure to check out Cathy's world famous Underwater Photo Gallery for a truly unique and special gift. A short walk or taxi drive from the cruise ship terminal or 7 Mile Beach, this store can serve all of your needs for land and underwater cameras. Take a private underwater photography lesson including a dive with Cathy Church or her fabulous staff or charter Cathy and her boat for the ultimate experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Me and my wife went to the caymans to do some snorkeling and wanted to keep the memories but didn't have an underwater camera so we headed over to Cathy Church's to rent one. Called earlier on and reserved the cheapest compact they had, $35 a day. Got there to find that all the compacts were rented out so they gave us a free upgrade to a sealife DC1400, nice!

Went out to use it and halfway through the snorkel, the camera stopped working for some reason, not so nice. Went back at the end of the day and noted the malfunction to the store workers and they gave us that day for free and gave us another camera to use for the next day. They didn't have any dc1400's or compacts left so they gave us an xz-1, usual rate of $60 per half day for what we were originally quoted, $35 a day. Went out the next day and had a great time with the camera and took a lot of great photos. Couldn't really have asked for better customer service.

Visited September 2013

Dallas
“Wonderful experiance and great team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I enjoy photography and diving, and last year my wife surprised me with a full day private photo dive with Cathy Church to learn underwater photography...and now I am hooked! I enjoyed the lesson so much we went back to Grand Cayman a few months later and took a 2nd lesson from Tee one of their great instructors. After getting back home I starting doing my homework and talking to their staff about underwater camera equipment and they helped me selected what I think will be a perfect setup for me. We just booked a Grand Cayman trip today, and I can't wait to have them teach me the proper use of my new camera and equipment.

Diving Grand Cayman is a wonderful experience, but after the two photo dive experiences I have had with Cathy Church and her staff I appreciate and enjoy it so much more. I have been amazed at the quality of photographs I have been able to capture after learning just a little about proper techniques and the use of good equipment.

Many thanks to Cathy and Tee for teaching me my new passion!

Visited April 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
“A must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you scuba dive, this is one place you have to go and at least take a beginners course on photography. The people are very knowledgable and patient, extremely helpful (regardless of whether you buy something or not) and they have all the equipment that you will ever need or want. Thank you Tee, I hope to see you in November.

Visited May 2013
Statesboro, Georgia
“Top of the line equipment and support”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been to Grand Cayman many times over the years and since the Seaview Hotel was demolished after a hurricane, we have always stayed at Sunset House. I have been a customer of Cathy Church’s Photo Center from the very first visit to Cayman. My experience with Cathy’s shop has spanned more than a decade and the equipment, service, teaching staff, and ongoing support has always been top to the line. My most recent visit was in May of this year and the staff was as knowledgeable and supportive as ever. On this visit, I was having difficulty with a strobe that I had purchased several months prior. They worked with me to determine the problem and in the end replaced the strobe without an issue. There customer service does not just occur when you are on site. Whenever I have had problems (all operator error) with my systems in the past and they have been happy to answer my questions via email and get me back on the right track. I would certainly purchase future systems from Cathy Church and I absolutely will continuing my underwater photo education with them in the future on my next trip to Grand Cayman.

Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Can be a great source for help/instuction/supplies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Unfortunately Grand Cayman is down to one photo shop but fortunately it's Cathy Church's. There can be plently of bravado in the SCUBA world and even more attitude in the pro-photography world and my experience coming to the island since 1987 is that most of the folks working here have much less of each. I've encountered the occasional dismissive or slightly patronizing asst but mostly the opposite and often happy to help with equipment you have not purchased there. Side note: onsite eateries can be fun and both we've done with gaggle of kids. Many people stay at the Sunset House as well but we have not.

Visited July 2013