“Highlight of our Entire Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

345 926 0008
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Trek Cayman ‘Coral Canyons’Now you can explore the underwater world with no prior dive knowledge or experience. Swimming skills are not required and you can even wear prescription glasses. Sea Trek is a zero gravity stroll underwater amongst colossal towering reef systems with thousands of tropical fish, turtles rays and more! We utilize the specially designed ‘Sea Trek’ underwater helmet. The tour is exiting educational and interactive, perfect for the entire family.
Cypress, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Entire Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Sea Trek was beyond phenomenal. It seems complicated, but it's as easy as walking and breathing. The guides did a fantastic job at informing us about the equipment and how to use it. They calmed any nerves we had. My husband is over 250 lbs like many other men 6 foot or taller men, so there are many excursions that we can't do because of the weight restrictions. But ANYONE can do Sea Trek. A little kid in our group looked terrified going into the water, but coming out was smiling ear to ear. Since you are reading reviews about this excursion, you are obviously interested. Just do it! You will not regret it!

Visited August 2013

Tonawanda, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Enjoyed our little adventure under the sea, However, would have like to have walked a little longer and seen more of the sea life. The 'Tricks" our diver showed us was fun but I was more interested to watch the fish I came down to see!

Beebe, Arkansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This on shore excursion was one of the best we did. The guides were great and also very nice. It was so beautiful under the ocean and get to see some cool stuff!!

Air Force
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a fabulous excursion. Both my daughter who is 15 and I did this. We were able to walk on the ocean floor and enjoy the marine life around us. The crew was great and everything went smoothly. I used a disposable underwater camera and the pictures came out just fine. I absolutely recommend this. No water shoes or protection for your feet is required, just a swim suit.

Columbus, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A relatively basic but totally worthwhile experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The SeaTrek experience is certainly unique. Walking on the bottom of the ocean comfortably is definitely worth a try, and the 75-pound helmets that make it possible are surprisingly comfortable underwater. The tour we went on provided for-rent GoPros but also allowed our group to bring our own.

The trek itself takes place in a small-ish patch of ocean with a sunken anchor as its centerpiece. I assume that the urchin and the sea shrimp are planted in the area since many of the tour photos I've seen feature these elements, as well, but the swarms of fish (tempted by the fish food provided the guide) are truly incredible from the provided vantage point.

I personally wish that the tour had a more extensive route and took a bit more time (I think we were under water for somewhere around 30, if that), but it's still the experience of a lifetime. Those looking for something less scripted should probably try proper scuba.