“Nice adventure” 4 of 5 stars

345 926 0008
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Trek Cayman ‘Coral Canyons’Now you can explore the underwater world with no prior dive knowledge or experience. Swimming skills are not required and you can even wear prescription glasses. Sea Trek is a zero gravity stroll underwater amongst colossal towering reef systems with thousands of tropical fish, turtles rays and more! We utilize the specially designed ‘Sea Trek’ underwater helmet. The tour is exiting educational and interactive, perfect for the entire family.
Tonawanda, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Enjoyed our little adventure under the sea, However, would have like to have walked a little longer and seen more of the sea life. The 'Tricks" our diver showed us was fun but I was more interested to watch the fish I came down to see!

Beebe, Arkansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This on shore excursion was one of the best we did. The guides were great and also very nice. It was so beautiful under the ocean and get to see some cool stuff!!

Air Force
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a fabulous excursion. Both my daughter who is 15 and I did this. We were able to walk on the ocean floor and enjoy the marine life around us. The crew was great and everything went smoothly. I used a disposable underwater camera and the pictures came out just fine. I absolutely recommend this. No water shoes or protection for your feet is required, just a swim suit.

Columbus, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A relatively basic but totally worthwhile experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The SeaTrek experience is certainly unique. Walking on the bottom of the ocean comfortably is definitely worth a try, and the 75-pound helmets that make it possible are surprisingly comfortable underwater. The tour we went on provided for-rent GoPros but also allowed our group to bring our own.

The trek itself takes place in a small-ish patch of ocean with a sunken anchor as its centerpiece. I assume that the urchin and the sea shrimp are planted in the area since many of the tour photos I've seen feature these elements, as well, but the swarms of fish (tempted by the fish food provided the guide) are truly incredible from the provided vantage point.

I personally wish that the tour had a more extensive route and took a bit more time (I think we were under water for somewhere around 30, if that), but it's still the experience of a lifetime. Those looking for something less scripted should probably try proper scuba.

Montgomery, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never thought we would have the chance to go down under...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I had a really nice experience with the Sea trek attraction. I was already excited about doing it, but knew my husband was on the fence about it as he wasn't sure he would be able to do it. I think it was the not knowing what to expect that was the biggest fear. It was explained in detail what to expect as we would start done the ladder. I went first with no problems, I just had to swallow every 2 steps or so to relieve the pressure in my ears. My husband was next and he was still not sure whether he could do it. We have to give a big THANKS to Joebert, he was the only reason my husband went down. Joebert, is the safety diver that goes step by step with you as you are climbing down the ladder. He is constantly watching you and checking with you to make sure you are ok. I personally want to thank him for easing my husbands fears so he could have this awesome experience. He ended up liking it so much, he wanted to go again while we were down in the Caymans. He said now that he knows what to expect he can enjoy what is there to see underneath. It didn't work out where we could this time, but I'm certain when we return that will be one of the things that we do. Thanks again Joebert, you were AWESOME.

Visited June 2013