“excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 60 Activities in George Town
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Divers Down has been operating in Grand Cayman since 1996 and we are proud to offer a personalized service with a maximum of 8 divers per guide. We are a full service dive company providing shore and boat diving for certified divers along with certification courses and continuing education from our PADI 5 Star IDC training division - Cayman Diving College.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
“excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Divers Down was excellent!! All of the staff there are super friendly, attentive, and helpful. After a terrible first try to scuba diving in the UAE, I was really nervous prior to entering the water. I let the scuba instructors know this, and they were amazing. They helped calm me down and made the extra effort to help build up my confidence underwater. I brought a personal mouth piece with me, which they put on my regulator without a problem. The staff operates in a very professional and safe manner, while also keeping the group smiling and laughing. It was a most enjoyable experience, and I would definitely come back here. Before I went on this trip, I wasn't sure if I would make it on my first dive to become open water certified. I ended the trip by taking the advanced diver requirements. It was such a great experience, and I'm forever grateful for the group of staff that I dove with. Thanks for giving me the confidence and experience I needed to enjoy scuba diving!!! All of the sites that we went to were thoroughly enjoyed. My boyfriend got to see a shark, and I was able to see a sea turtle myself. Thanks again for the great experience!!

Visited June 2013

Franklin, Tennessee, United States
“Felt Like A Private Charter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went down to get my sons certified for PADI Open Water as a graduation trip, and then do some follow on diving. All of the instructors there were very conscientious and competent, yet also had a sense of humor and kept the instruction lively. They definitely take diver safety seriously there, but it plays out in some unexpected ways. They only have 8 divers on the boat at any given time with two staff minimum, which ultimately feels like you're getting very personalized treatment. We had four divers in our group, so it almost felt like a charter instead of being just another body. As a Dad, it made for a relaxing time, knowing they were paying attention to the details. I would definitely dive with them again. Definitely go dive the Kittiwake if you're in the area, great experience. Don't let their simple building deter you, these guys are about diving, not interior design. Tripp, llsa, Joe, Katya, Jess, Jenny, Steve - all the staff love diving and wanted to make sure we had a great experience and got the most out of our time down below.

Reading, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“A great option if you are thinking of diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The dive shop provide a door to door pick up service which is great. Packages are available which can include all equipment for those that don't have their own and they seem very reasonable compared to other dive shops. The dive staff are really helpful and make the trip interesting and fun within a safe environment. The boat is cosy with 8 people on but not crowded. Water and snacks are provided between the dives. The staff make sure that those on packages never visit the same site twice unless requested and appear very knowledgeable about the numerous sites. I would def dive with this shop again.

Sacramento, California
“Safe, Professional and FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Divers Down (Cayman Diving College) provided an outstanding dive experience. I came to Grand Cayman with my brother-in-law and his sons to be certified as a PADI open water diver. It was a marvelous adventure, made even better by the safe, professional and fun approach of every member of the staff. Don't miss the opportunity to dive the wreck of the Kittiwake and Stingray City!

The value for money is excellent and the courteous door-to-door pick up and delivery was an added bonus. I recommend Divers Down to anyone seeking a memorable Cayman diving vacation.

Visited June 2013
DFW
3 attraction reviews
“Great Dad & Daughter Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my first dive trip since my daughter and I were open water certified a year and a half ago. We did 8 dives in three days. I really appreciated the small groups, the service and friendliness of the crew and dive masters and the overall experience. One of the things probably everyone knows that I had to learn... carry your stuff in a dry bag. Door to door service was awesome. Pricing was good with all gear included which made travel easier. Good times and we'll be back again!