“Felt Like A Private Charter” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 57 activities in George Town
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Divers Down has been operating in Grand Cayman since 1996 and we are proud to offer a personalized service with a maximum of 8 divers per guide. We are a full service dive company providing shore and boat diving for certified divers along with certification courses and continuing education from our PADI 5 Star IDC training division - Cayman Diving College.
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
“Felt Like A Private Charter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went down to get my sons certified for PADI Open Water as a graduation trip, and then do some follow on diving. All of the instructors there were very conscientious and competent, yet also had a sense of humor and kept the instruction lively. They definitely take diver safety seriously there, but it plays out in some unexpected ways. They only have 8 divers on the boat at any given time with two staff minimum, which ultimately feels like you're getting very personalized treatment. We had four divers in our group, so it almost felt like a charter instead of being just another body. As a Dad, it made for a relaxing time, knowing they were paying attention to the details. I would definitely dive with them again. Definitely go dive the Kittiwake if you're in the area, great experience. Don't let their simple building deter you, these guys are about diving, not interior design. Tripp, llsa, Joe, Katya, Jess, Jenny, Steve - all the staff love diving and wanted to make sure we had a great experience and got the most out of our time down below.

Reading, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“A great option if you are thinking of diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The dive shop provide a door to door pick up service which is great. Packages are available which can include all equipment for those that don't have their own and they seem very reasonable compared to other dive shops. The dive staff are really helpful and make the trip interesting and fun within a safe environment. The boat is cosy with 8 people on but not crowded. Water and snacks are provided between the dives. The staff make sure that those on packages never visit the same site twice unless requested and appear very knowledgeable about the numerous sites. I would def dive with this shop again.

Sacramento, California
“Safe, Professional and FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Divers Down (Cayman Diving College) provided an outstanding dive experience. I came to Grand Cayman with my brother-in-law and his sons to be certified as a PADI open water diver. It was a marvelous adventure, made even better by the safe, professional and fun approach of every member of the staff. Don't miss the opportunity to dive the wreck of the Kittiwake and Stingray City!

The value for money is excellent and the courteous door-to-door pick up and delivery was an added bonus. I recommend Divers Down to anyone seeking a memorable Cayman diving vacation.

Visited June 2013
DFW
“Great Dad & Daughter Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my first dive trip since my daughter and I were open water certified a year and a half ago. We did 8 dives in three days. I really appreciated the small groups, the service and friendliness of the crew and dive masters and the overall experience. One of the things probably everyone knows that I had to learn... carry your stuff in a dry bag. Door to door service was awesome. Pricing was good with all gear included which made travel easier. Good times and we'll be back again!

Atlanta
“Best WestEnd, Georgetown,7 mile beach dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been to the Caymans 6 times, and usually dive on the East End of the Island with Tortuga Divers at the Morrits who I love but had head that West End of the island could not compare in the whole diving experience.

Not true, we are underwater photographer and had the greatest time with Divers Down, and got some wonderful photography along with a very easy diving experience with their boat, and staff. They went out of their way for me an experienced diver and my dive buddy who had just gotten certified.

It was a small boat experience, 8 divers and Jenny was fabulous at booking our dives, then being on the boat with us also. Travis also made it fun finding tons of stuff for us to shoot.

Cant wait to go back.