“Cayman Safari Trip with Michael Powell” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 58 activities in George Town
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Want to experience the REAL Cayman?! Come aboard our custom Land Rovers to experience a one-of-a-kind 4WD adventure to Cayman's outer districts. This is more than just a tour! A highly entertaining and exciting Safari will let you discover a different place through interactive multi-sensory experiences, learning genuine Caymanian culture and history of its unique place in the Caribbean. You will hear, see, feel and taste a different way of life as Cayman and Caymanians will captivate your mind and steal your heart. A must-do Adventure for all ages!
Bronx, New York
“Cayman Safari Trip with Michael Powell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

While in Grand Cayman last week with my husband we did a tour called Cayman Safari which took place in a real jeep. The other people cancelled so it was just my husband and I.
Michael Powell, the tour guide took us to the West Bay area of Grand Cayman. He was able to point out many of the native trees and the fruit growing on them. We couldn't believe it but there were jelly fish in just a few inches of water in the mangroves. We then went to the Turtle Farm which was interesting especially because I got to hold a medium sized turtle in the wading pool. we also got to see them feed a crocodile which was a really wild experience. After the Turtle Farm we had lunch at a local place call Timbuktu (went there especially because of the air conditioning), but the food turned out to be good. I wanted to have a beer but they don't have a liquor license.The tour was supposed to last 3 hrs but we were having such a nice time and Michael knew about so many different things and places we could have spent the whole day with him. Since my husband is into underwater photography Michael took him to Cathy Church's place. She is world renowned for her underwater picture and has even had them published in National Geographic. Ms. Church also gives photography classes to anyone who is interested.
All in all this safari trip was the highlight of my visit and I have to say that Michael Powell had a lot to do with our enjoyment.

Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing day touring Grand Cayman's East Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Mike "the Big Kahuna" made this tour an adventure, with his knowledge and stories to tell, made the tour more personal than just a guide taking us around to see the sights. We were a group of four from our hotel, and an easygoing group it was. We loved seeing Pedro St. James Castle. It was way more interesting that I would have thought. It brought the history of Cayman to life with the introductory movie before the tour. Beautifully preserved structure and realistic feel for what life before modern day technology must have been like. The Botannical Gardens with the flowers and blue iguanas were a highlight. Lunch at Viviane's was delicious and filling. A taste of Grand Cayman without the hype...homestyle and filling. We enjoyed the sights, the conversation and the day. Thanks Mike!

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Mike ( the last kahuna) Powell showed us some very interesting places and was very knowledgeable about the local, animal, plant and history of the island. He also took us to a really good local restaurant- Timbuctu- where we had an excellent lunch. He seemed to know so many of the locals and made us feel special.

Visited May 2013
“Fun "off the beaten path."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I didn't know what to expect when the concierge at the hotel suggested it, but it was an awesome look at what life on Grand Cayman is for the residents of this awesome place.

New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
“An Absolute MUST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm SO glad I saw the pamphlet for this tour at the airport, otherwise, I would not have known about it. During our 4-night stay in Grand Cayman, I wanted to get a good feel for the island and learn and see as much as was possible without having to either rent a car, or pay for taxi rides to all the purported attractions, and this was a superior alternative. Although the island buses are convenient, it's nice to have an itinerary and go from one place to another without having to make stops in-between to drop other passengers off to their destinations. Overall, I feel we saved a lot of money doing this tour. I believe for one adult, it cost about 95 USD, and with that fee, you get a guided tour in a Land Rover to all these destinations (ST. PEDRO HOUSE, QUEEN ELIZABETH BOTANIC GARDEN, LUNCH @ VIVIENE'S KITCHEN, AND WE EVEN GOT TO GO TO A BREWERY since we had some extra time. But along the way, with the fun ride, we got to pass by some amazing sights (The Blow Holes, The Cayman Shoe Tree, Mark Cuban's palatial home, etc). Our guide, Conrad was really friendly. He knew a lot of interesting facts and shared great stories with us during the tour. He even went the extra mile and helped us out, getting to the Turtle Farm (not part of the tour). I eagerly suggest anyone to go on a tour with this group, it is well worth the money!

Visited April 2013