I have been coming to Grand Cayman for 13 years and have now found my favourite place. Used to stay at Sunset House, but find the manager there to be quite rude, so went across the street this trip, to Eldemires. Best decision ever! There's only a few guest rooms, some being rented to residents, so it's extremely quiet. I almost always had the pool area all to myself. The pool is very nice, clean, secluded, surrounded by lush flowering trees. It's less than a five minute walk to Smith's Cove or to My Bar and Cathy Church/ Sunset diving centre. The rooms are big and beds comfortable and you have access to a full kitchen downstairs in the communal kitchen. I was able to put all my groceries in the big fridge and cook some meals there.
The best thing about Eldemires is the owners/managers, Tootie, Bob and Helena. They live next door and are there in a minute would you need for anything. Super friendly, lovely people. They genuinely care about and like getting to know their guests.
I'm never going to stay anywhere else when I return to Cayman!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What words describe Eldemire's best? Friendly, Informal, Simple, Charming, Affordable, Peaceful. Our simple little "Caribbean style" guest house, offers an ambiance of informality and friendliness, and is perfect for "free-spirited" travelers who just want a clean, nice, down to earth place, closely situated to everything. And, not have to spend the kind of money that they would have to, at a big resort. Of course the big resorts have lots of amenities, clean, comfortable, air-conditioned rooms to sleep in, as generally speaking, visitors go exploring and/or diving all day long. So you save lots of $$$$ when you stay with us!!!In the 37 years of being in the tourism sector, we can truthfully say that most of our guests are those who just like a charming and simple alternative to the bigger, busier, expensive hotels. Instead they would rather spend their vacation dollars on enjoying our beautiful beaches, diving, snorkeling, good restaurants, varied excursions, etc. And a rental car. Our place will feel to you like a "home away from home" where you can relax and feel at home! In 1977, Tootie's Caymanian parents, opened up rooms in their large home (now known as Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn) to visitors coming to Grand Cayman for vacation, or to conduct business. Then in 2000, Tootie and her family took over the business and made a lot of changes which included colorful decor, furnishings, etc. Then a pool and large deck were built and lush tropical vegetation and colorful tropical plants and banana trees were placed all around the pool. So when you sit back and relax by the pool, you experience an authentic peaceful tropical aura. Our location is on the west coast of the island, across the road from the ocean, and ten minutes drive from Owen Roberts Airport and famous 7 Mile Beach. Within a short walk is a beautiful white sand beach, 2 fabulous oceanfront restaurants, a fitness center, 3 Dive centers, Cathy Church Underwater Photo Center, and Georgetown with lots of shops, restaurants, the Museum, and Duty Free shopping. Our property consists of 4 private 2nd level rooms with private bathrooms, and a large shared kitchen and relaxing lounge downstairs. The 2 comfortable self-contained one bedroom suites have their own private kitchens, lounges and garden entrances. Two Studio Suites have their own private kitchenettes. Our amenities? All rooms and suites are air-conditioned, have private bathrooms with towels and bathroom products, complimentary tea and coffee, Cable TV, FREE WIFI and free on-site parking with security lighting. So, in essence, what we offer is a peaceful, quiet, charming, cheap, "Island style" Guest House, close to everything. A real little "Tropical Oasis". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldemire`s Tropical Island Hotel George Town
- Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands