i chose Eldemire's mainly because it was the cheapest option I could find on the internet. Which doesn't say very much, since hotel prices in Grand Cayman are in general ridiculously high. I paid 90 USD per night, which was quite a bit lower than even the least expensive of the more traditional hotels or resorts wanted. As someone else pointed out, you are generally left alone once you have checked in. No one cleans the room, and although I often find the daily cleaning ritual of many hotels more of a bother than a help, 6 days without any sort of service, like having the garbage taken out, was a bit too much. The guests can use a large and well-equipped kitchen, which would probably be great for a family with children. I just made sandwiches and kept my drinks cold in the fridge. I traveled with a folding bike, and it took me just a few minutes to ride into George Town and less than 10 minutes to the Seven Mile Beach.. By foot it would probably take you 20-25 minutes to the center of town, and the closest supermarket is even further away. So I think staying here without a rental car (or bicycle) would probably not be convenient. But let me add that I was happy here. The room was small, but the air condition worked well and there was always hot water when I needed it. And the wifi internet is excellent. You need a password, but once you have entered that you're good until the day you leave. There is a very small pool with a couple of beach chairs. Nice enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What words describe Eldemire's best? Friendly, Informal, Simple, Charming, Affordable, Peaceful. Our simple little "Bohemian style" vibrant guest house, offers an ambiance of informality and friendliness, and is perfect for "free-spirited" travelers who just want a clean, simple, down to earth place, and not have to spend the kind of money that they would have to, at a big resort. Of course the big resorts have lots of amenities,but think about it... basically you only need a room to sleep in, as generally speaking, visitors go exploring and/or diving all day long. So you save lots of $$$$ when you stay with us!!!In the 37 years of being in the tourism sector, we can truthfully say that most of our guests are those who just like a charming and simple alternative to the bigger, busier, expensive hotels. Instead they would rather spend their vacation dollars on enjoying our beautiful beaches, diving, snorkeling, good restaurants, varied excursions, etc. and a rental car. Our place will feel to you like a "home away from home" where you can relax and experience a bit of our island culture. In 1977, Tootie's Caymanian parents, opened up rooms in their large home (now known as Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn) to visitors coming to Grand Cayman for vacation, or to conduct business. Then in 2000, Tootie and her family took over the business and made a lot of changes which included colorful decor, furnishings, etc. Then a pool and large deck were built and lush tropical vegetation and colorful tropical plants and banana trees were placed all around the pool. So when you sit back and relax by the pool, you experience an authentic peaceful tropical aura. Our location is on the west coast of the island, across the road from the ocean, and ten minutes drive from Owen Roberts Airport and famous 7 Mile Beach. Within a short walk is a beautiful white sand beach, 2 fabulous oceanfront restaurants, a fitness center, 3 Dive centers, Cathy Church Underwater Photo Center, and Georgetown with lots of shops, restaurants, the Museum, and Duty Free shopping. Our property consists of 4 private 2nd level rooms with private bathrooms, and a large shared kitchen and relaxing lounge downstairs. The 2 comfortable self-contained one bedroom suites have their own private kitchens, lounges and garden entrances. Our Studio Suite has its own private kitchenette. Our amenities? All rooms and suites are air-conditioned, have private bathrooms with towels and bathroom products, complimentary tea and coffee, Cable TV, FREE WIFI and free on-site parking with security lighting. So, in essence, what we offer is a peaceful, quiet, tropically oriented place, that is affordable and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldemire`s Tropical Island Hotel George Town
- Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands