My husband and me spent from August 9 until 15 in Sunset hotel, diving everyday, with a 6 days package and also unlimited shore diving. We also did the Kitti wake dive, amazing!! But we skipped the ray city one and some diver colleagues that went told us we were certained it is a visit to take photos, but its not real diving. The hotel room espacious, comfortable beds and although its not five star place for diving its perfect!!
The food in the restaurant very good, we just had breakfast included in our hotel rate, and it was very nice; but also we had several times lunch and dinner at My Bar and the quality and service provided was top! Also some of the waitresses were from Dominican Republic and they were ver nice speaking to us in Spanish when they realize it was our mother tongue.
One tip: the hotel shop is very good for divers and also souvenirs. We notice it the last day with everything packed, if we'd known before our submarine photos won't be so blue!, we would have bought a magenta filter to solve it, next time!!
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset House Hotel
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water... I’ve have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers." More profound words were never spoken! Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer’s perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Sunset House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.