I've been to about twenty-four Caribbean islands, and stayed long-term on many of them; the Sunset House on Grand Cayman has been one of the best. I was especially impressed with the friendliness of the staff; these folks really were glad to see me, and it showed. Heck, they remembered my name! How do they do that? On top of that, the diving was quite good, and the hotel is just a short walk from Georgetown.
While on Grand Cayman, I took the time to research several other accommodations in the area, but only found that I was already in the best for both price & location. Believe it.
I really enjoyed my stay at Sunset House, and look forward to returning again & again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I've have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands