“One of the Best!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in George Town
Sunset House
Save Saved
You added Sunset House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   390 South Church Street | PO Box 479, George Town KY1-1106, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct Best Price
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in George Town
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“One of the Best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to about twenty-four Caribbean islands, and stayed long-term on many of them; the Sunset House on Grand Cayman has been one of the best. I was especially impressed with the friendliness of the staff; these folks really were glad to see me, and it showed. Heck, they remembered my name! How do they do that? On top of that, the diving was quite good, and the hotel is just a short walk from Georgetown.
While on Grand Cayman, I took the time to research several other accommodations in the area, but only found that I was already in the best for both price & location. Believe it.
I really enjoyed my stay at Sunset House, and look forward to returning again & again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

You can not ask for a better place on the island. Sunset House truly lives up to their name and brand "for divers, by divers." Mybar is the best hangout on the island and Sunset Divers are by far the best dive operation. The food, the atmosphere and the diving are phenomenal. The dive staff are all wonderful, I can't even pick my favorite of the staff. Keith and Karin are WONDERFUL. Heading down to sunset house is like jumping into a big scuba family! The rooms have undergone numerous upgrades now that Karin are down there, and make sure you stop by and say hello to the Sunset House mascot, Murphy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Adamsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My stay at Sunset house was wonderful. I can not say enough about the whole staff. The dive shop was great. Our dive master was Charolette, she made every dive safe and an unbelievable experence. I look forward to diving with her again in the future. Keith and Karin were just great. I have never been to a resort where the managers knew me by name, and was always able to answer all questions and was always helpful. If you are looking for a dive resort to go to, this is the place. Thanks again Charolette.

Room Tip: I did not have a ocean view, but will on the next stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My brothers just finished up a weeks stay at the Sunset House in Grand Cayman. Wow - what a great time. First let me thank managers - Karin and Keith for offering a military discount. My brothers and I are all veterans. My brother Greg was a last minute arrival and Karin was able to accommodate us nicely.

First and foremost, the Sunset House is set up for diving and the onsite SUNSET DIVERS is set up to make diving so easy. All the dive masters and staff are very professional and always available to make your diving experience as enjoyable as possible.

The food at the restaurant was excellent. We ate at a couple other places down town and found the food and atmosphere was better at the sunset house. Here is a TIP - when the locals are coming to Sunset House for food and drink every night, you know it is good.

If you want all the glitz, glamour and amenities of the Ritz, then go to Seven Mile beach and stay at the Ritz. If you want a super diving experience, then Sunset House is where you want to go.

I will come here again and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for an ocean front room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It’s great to hear from our guests and learn that they enjoyed their stay at Sunset House. We’re delighted you had such a wonderful experience, great diving and were so comfortable in your room. Please visit us again soon as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. And again, thank you for your service. See you soon guys.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My stay at Sunset House was great. The room was nice and close to the pool, restaurant and bar (a self-contained community). I also obtained my initial scuba certification at Sunset House. My instructor, Lowri Williams, was excellent. She was clear in her directions but also patient and understanding. She made the certification process fun. I would highly recommend Sunset House for a diving vacation and/or certification.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great rooms with restaurant and dive company on site. Spacious, clean and comfortable accomodations all on the shore of the caribbean. Restaurant food and service are very good. Dive site (Sunset Divers) is a full service dive company with 4 dive boats running daily. You never have to leave the grounds as everything is available on site.

Room Tip: Request west facing rooms to avoid early morning sun.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Tracy,

We are so glad you had a great time and look forward to seeing you back here again soon! (Just one note, while we have 6 custom boats in our fleet, the number of boats going out on any given day is dictated by the number of divers we have in house!)
We agree, we have everything available right here! An underwater photographer’s perfect dive. Hotel, Restaurant, Bar, Dive Centre, Cathy Church's Photo Centre, plus Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await just steps from your room!
Whiteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here May 2nd thru the 9th. 1St floor, oceanfront. Didnt spend alot of time in the room. Was too busy looking for rental properties for I am moving down there. Maid was nice. Room was cleaned everyday. For the price, u couldnt beat it! I didnt scuba dive so, I cant comment on that. You really need to rent a car or jeep for you are pretty far away from everything.I went with a jeep at Avias. And, If you walk into Georgetown, be careful! Low shoulder! The bar was ok. Decent prices. The food at Sea Harvest was so-so. Especially breakfast. Limited options. No beach to lay out. Too rocky. I went into Seven mile beach, to swim and enjoy the beach. Went to Royal Palms which was really nice. They have a pool and a swim-up bar. And, Calico Jacks which was more crowded due to the cruise ships. Overall, I liked Sunset House. For the value.

Room Tip: Oceanfront! They've been refurbished.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Southern Belle,
We hoped you and Doc found a place here close to us, because once you get settled in, you make sure you come back and learn how to dive here with us! THEN, you will really appreciate not having any sand does for Scuba Diving and Snorkelling here at Sunset House!

Look forward to seeing you around the island. Get back with me when you get settled.. Might need a new internest down here sometime! LOL!

All the best with the move!

Keith

Been to Sunset House? Share your experiences!