I stayed here May 2nd thru the 9th. 1St floor, oceanfront. Didnt spend alot of time in the room. Was too busy looking for rental properties for I am moving down there. Maid was nice. Room was cleaned everyday. For the price, u couldnt beat it! I didnt scuba dive so, I cant comment on that. You really need to rent a car or jeep for you are pretty far away from everything.I went with a jeep at Avias. And, If you walk into Georgetown, be careful! Low shoulder! The bar was ok. Decent prices. The food at Sea Harvest was so-so. Especially breakfast. Limited options. No beach to lay out. Too rocky. I went into Seven mile beach, to swim and enjoy the beach. Went to Royal Palms which was really nice. They have a pool and a swim-up bar. And, Calico Jacks which was more crowded due to the cruise ships. Overall, I liked Sunset House. For the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I've have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands