The Sunset House is exactly what is advertised, a great dive hotel with good food and a terrific staff. We stayed in and I highly recommend, a first floor ocean front room, which includes a small fridge and microwave. The food and drink prices on Grand Cayman are very high, so we went to a local grocery store on our first day. We ate snacks and lunch on the picnic tables in front of our rooms, this not only saved money but was very convenient. We had bad weather the week we stayed, so we were taken via vans to a dock on the South Shore to go for our boat dives. The staff did everything in their power to open the shore diving when they could and to help us have a wonderful dive vacation. My Bar has incredible sunset views, good food and resonable prices. We enjoyed our trip so much that we plan on returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I've have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands