“Great Fish Tacos !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Agave Grill

Agave Grill
194 North Sound Road | #1 Ed's Plaza, Off Butterfield Roundabout, George Town, Grand Cayman
1 345 947 5555
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 84 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are located between Georgetown & Owen Roberts International airport. Ideal spot to grab a meal when in transit. We are fortunate enough that we remain busy enough to constantly turn over our products. Ask the local fisherman we deal with & they will tell you that Agave goes through a lot of product for such a small place. We source as much local as possible. Many people describe us as "fresh". We strive to exceed expectation. Leave with a full belly & a smile on your face.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Great Fish Tacos !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Read all the positive reviews and decided this was the place we wanted to go as soon as we landed in Grand Cayman. The food was good, the server warm and friendly. The owner stopped by to check on us. Fish tacos were wonderful.

The restaurant is on the bottom floor of a yellow 2 story building that says Ed's Plaza. If you are coming from the airport it is on the right hand side.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“caribbean/mexican delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you want the best ceviche on the island this IS the place. Delicious, perfect! Try the smoked pork belly tacos or the pan-seared snapper. My mouth is watering thinking about it! Now do be prepared when you order some salsa and chips and get pico de gallo instead. They consider that salsa I think. It is good so that makes up for it. You have a choice of "platter" or "solo" when ordering the entree. The platter comes with rice and beans. I would suggest the solo. Neither the rice or beans are good.They should work on that. I never have tried anything with chicken in it here. In my opinion people order chicken when they don't know what else to get! Stick with the seafood or pork or try the special! The look of the place outside is not that appealing, but go in and you are pleasantly surprised.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Cayman
“BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN CAYMAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place will surprise you not through its appearance but through the taste. Tacos are superb!!! Staff very nice. If you like mexican food, this is the place in the island

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Had this last year...JUST THE WORST!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Seeing as how the owner take his time on commenting on his customers reviews, I'd figured I'd give this a shot. I ate at the gave grill in August of 2011 and gave your chicken burrito a pretty bad review. Funny thing is that it mysteriously disappeared.

Anyways, the short version goes like this.
Highly overpriced for imitation Mexican food. My stomach started turning about 20 min later and developed "bubble guts."

My wife hardly touched her food and complained about the "warehouse corner atmosphere" of the place.

Mr.Owner , I remember the day clearly cause once again, how can I forget such a terrible experience. You were sitting next to my family and I and were having a conversation with another gentlemen and what appeared to be a mental patient. Your waitress was kind enough to tell us that you were the owner.

I wish I would have to you in person that the food was horrible but we just
wanted to leave. Luckily we found other great spots on the island to eat and would like to warn others from our horrible experience, hence trip advisor.

P.S. don't have my post deleted again. Don't know how you archived that but it's only fair for travelers to learn from one another.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“MexiCay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great menu, great service and atmosphere, the owner and staff are always very personable and accomodating. Small place with limited seating, so be sure to get there early especially for lunch, however it is very cozy once seated. Real Mexican decor with lots of skulls and flags but don't be scared the freshly prepared food and sauces will keep you focused and calm, if not a shot of tequila ought to do the trick. I love the wet burritos but dry is good also, better even as a platter.

• Visited October 2012