“Cheapest stingray tour you'll find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 58 activities in George Town
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome to the Cayman Islands, one of the world's best scuba diving destinations! Enjoy diving with our team of highly experienced instructors and small groups of only 1 to 8 divers. Safety and customer service are only a few of the many things we focus on ensuring in the best experience Grand Cayman has to offer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Huntington Beach, California
13 attraction reviews
“Cheapest stingray tour you'll find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We chose them because they were located next door to our hotel and they were by far the cheapest option, leaving in the afternoon. We did the Stingray tour. My biggest complaint is the boat...there is no shade at all and the benches are awful, we won't be able to sit for a few days after that ride! Stingray City was awesome and the highlight of the trip, even our 22 month old loved petting and kissing them. We could have done without the other 2 stops, as neither of us snorkeled and occupying a baby for 2 40 minute stops is no easy task! If you have young kids, keep in mind that you will be in direct sun for 3.5 hours. They don't give you any snacks or water, so make sure you bring your own. Had I known that no shade was on the boat, I would have brought an umbrella to protect the baby. Other than that, we had a good time and got to see some cool sting rays.

Visited September 2013

Pleasanton, California
“Best diving in the Caymans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Marie, Sarah, Jeff, and Larry were the best dive guides I have ever been with, it felt like I was diving with family and friends. Chip is great, you can tell he is a Veteran diver who loved it all his life. If you go to the Cayman's you should use Ambassador Divers.

New York City, New York
“Best Guide to Sting Ray City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I along with our 14 year old daughter booked the snorkeling trip with Ambassadors and it was just the best highlight of our vacation. Chip, Sarah and Jeff are all just wonderful. Jeff was our captain and they purposely go out in the afternoon to avoid the huge crowds so you end up with a very, personable tour making stops at the Barrier Reef, Coral Gardens and Stingray city. Jeff talk to us about the sting rays and told about the names they have for the sting rays and it was just so much FUN! The price point is right on the money too! We stayed at he Comfort Suites and met many people on the beach who were staying at the Marriott and they charge double what Ambassador charges! Just incredible because Ambassador Divers' shop is a short walk from the Marriott... so needless to say, we tried to spread the word as much as possible. Thank you, thank you for making this trip so unforgettable.

Visited July 2013
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Great diving trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Special kudos to Sarah for helping a novice have a great time, but she's also good with the experienced divers. Terrific crew all around: Maria, Jeff, and Chip will set you up at the shop. Big new boat - you'll be going with 10-12 divers and a pair of dive masters, so some might prefer a smaller set-up, but we had a blast and hit some great sites. They do all the work for you in setting up, but plenty on our trip had their own equipment and the dive masters worked with both groups well.

Brooklyn, New York
“Perfect for experienced divers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend has been diving for 9 years and I have been diving for 1. I did my 9th through 12th dives with Ambassador. Kittiwake, and a wall dive were definitely the highlights and I wouldn't have asked for anything different. You can tell this dive company is used to working with experienced divers. Many people brought their own gear and were given the time/freedom they wanted to have their own dive experience.

We were only in Cayman for 3 nights during the low season, but they were able to book us for two, 2-tank dives for the days after we got there. Jeff and Maria were very fun and friendly guides. I would definitely recommend asking for these two if you can.