“Best diving in the Caymans” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 60 Activities in George Town
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome to the Cayman Islands, one of the world's best scuba diving destinations! Enjoy diving with our team of highly experienced instructors and small groups of only 1 to 8 divers. Safety and customer service are only a few of the many things we focus on ensuring in the best experience Grand Cayman has to offer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pleasanton, California
“Best diving in the Caymans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Marie, Sarah, Jeff, and Larry were the best dive guides I have ever been with, it felt like I was diving with family and friends. Chip is great, you can tell he is a Veteran diver who loved it all his life. If you go to the Cayman's you should use Ambassador Divers.

New York City, New York
“Best Guide to Sting Ray City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I along with our 14 year old daughter booked the snorkeling trip with Ambassadors and it was just the best highlight of our vacation. Chip, Sarah and Jeff are all just wonderful. Jeff was our captain and they purposely go out in the afternoon to avoid the huge crowds so you end up with a very, personable tour making stops at the Barrier Reef, Coral Gardens and Stingray city. Jeff talk to us about the sting rays and told about the names they have for the sting rays and it was just so much FUN! The price point is right on the money too! We stayed at he Comfort Suites and met many people on the beach who were staying at the Marriott and they charge double what Ambassador charges! Just incredible because Ambassador Divers' shop is a short walk from the Marriott... so needless to say, we tried to spread the word as much as possible. Thank you, thank you for making this trip so unforgettable.

Visited July 2013
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Great diving trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Special kudos to Sarah for helping a novice have a great time, but she's also good with the experienced divers. Terrific crew all around: Maria, Jeff, and Chip will set you up at the shop. Big new boat - you'll be going with 10-12 divers and a pair of dive masters, so some might prefer a smaller set-up, but we had a blast and hit some great sites. They do all the work for you in setting up, but plenty on our trip had their own equipment and the dive masters worked with both groups well.

Brooklyn, New York
“Perfect for experienced divers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend has been diving for 9 years and I have been diving for 1. I did my 9th through 12th dives with Ambassador. Kittiwake, and a wall dive were definitely the highlights and I wouldn't have asked for anything different. You can tell this dive company is used to working with experienced divers. Many people brought their own gear and were given the time/freedom they wanted to have their own dive experience.

We were only in Cayman for 3 nights during the low season, but they were able to book us for two, 2-tank dives for the days after we got there. Jeff and Maria were very fun and friendly guides. I would definitely recommend asking for these two if you can.

Germantown, Maryland, United States
8 attraction reviews
“I had a wonderful time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked the snorkeling/stingray city trip with ambassador divers and really loved it! We made two snorkeling stops and then off to hang out with the rays. They book only afternoon tours to SRC and make it the last stop on the trip to avoid the large crowds. When we went, there was maybe 50 people total and plenty of space to move around (not to mention plenty of attention from the rays).

Our guide, I don't recall his name, but I remember he is from Canada, was very sweet and patient. I am not a strong swimmer and feel nervous swimming sometimes, but he made me feel very comfortable.

He was very knowledgable about the island and its critters. He pointed out a variety of sea life for us to see and when we got to sting ray city, he seemed very gentle with the animals and caught a few of the rays for us to touch.

My only regret is that we didn't book them more than once! Next time we go to Cayman, this dive shop will be the first place we stop!

And as for the reviews saying that they took tons of people out, my experience was not that. It was 12 people max for the Sting Ray City trip.

Visited July 2013