“Interesting tour and very friendly folks.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 47 things to do in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: The secret of Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock (ISB) involves some of the most ancient brewing and manufacturing arts known to man; combine this with the most current state of the art brewing technology to date and this is The Cayman Islands Brewery.Caybrew has already won a prestigious Monde Gold award and quickly becoming the fastest growing beer in the Cayman Islands, Caybrew, Caylight and Ironshore Bock are brewed to the highest international standards.Brewery tours are available every Monday trough to Friday on the hour from 9 am to 4 pm. Ring ahead for bottling days for the main experience. The Gift store is also open during these times selling exclusive Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock items.
5 attraction reviews
“Interesting tour and very friendly folks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We were on a cruise stop and had limited time ashore. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the tour with friendly folks. Tour was free as were "samples"!

Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“Friendly and refreshing point of interest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Husband and I worked our way over to the brewery during our trip in June. With tours on the half hour we had *just* missed the group before us. No worries; we were promptly offered samples of beer while we waited.

Try all the varieties. Personally I was surprised to find the Ironshore Bock as my favorite! (Missing it since we've been home too!)

It's a small operation, but the tour is informative and gives a good sense of the brewing process including their strive to be green and support recycling.

Stop in, tours are free... And who can pass up cold, free beer on a hot island day?

Visited June 2013
Texas, United States
“Well Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We took some time to visit The Cayman Islands Brewery while we were there recently. It was awesome! We walked in and they immediately offered us a sample of the beer. By the time they were ready to give the tour, I had already had two samples with a third in my hand for the tour. While we were on the tour, they happened to be bottling some of their beer that day. One of the people in our group struck up a conversation with one of the brewery people and they offered us all (there was only 4 of us) full beers directly off of the bottling line right before they were about to be capped. After the tour they even gave us a 4th sample. All of this and they didn't even charge us anything (however, I would strongly urge to put some money in the tip jar!). I was very impressed and would recommend going to the brewery for anyone that goes to Grand Cayman!

Visited July 2013
Grand Cayman
4 attraction reviews
“Beer lovers, don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Cayman Islands Brewery just outside of central town in Grand Cayman is well worth the visit. Touring the Brewery, meeting the welcoming and knowledgable staff plus sampling their quality brews is quite an experience. I recommend this to locals and visitors alike. Their gift shop offers a varied and fun selection as well. Don't miss this!

Visited May 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband & I fell in love with Caybrew beer when our port of call brought us to the Caymen islands while on our first cruise. I friended them on Facebook and am looking forward to the day when I can buy this beer in Texas! So on our 2nd cruise, our party of 4 took a bus to the brewery...the only thing I insisted on as far as "excursions" went. Because our ship got in pretty early in the day, we got our samples and waited for more tourists. The brewery got word of a big group coming in so we ended up getting a private tour. It was awesome! I don't remember her name but she was very knowledgable. I'll be honest...we went for the free beer...but we bought some too! Best beer ever!!

Visited April 2013