“Friendly and refreshing point of interest!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 57 activities in George Town
Type: Breweries
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The secret of Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock (ISB) involves some of the most ancient brewing and manufacturing arts known to man; combine this with the most current state of the art brewing technology to date and this is The Cayman Islands Brewery.Caybrew has already won a prestigious Monde Gold award and quickly becoming the fastest growing beer in the Cayman Islands, Caybrew, Caylight and Ironshore Bock are brewed to the highest international standards.Brewery tours are available every Monday trough to Friday on the hour from 9 am to 4 pm. Ring ahead for bottling days for the main experience. The Gift store is also open during these times selling exclusive Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock items.
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“Friendly and refreshing point of interest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I worked our way over to the brewery during our trip in June. With tours on the half hour we had *just* missed the group before us. No worries; we were promptly offered samples of beer while we waited.

Try all the varieties. Personally I was surprised to find the Ironshore Bock as my favorite! (Missing it since we've been home too!)

It's a small operation, but the tour is informative and gives a good sense of the brewing process including their strive to be green and support recycling.

Stop in, tours are free... And who can pass up cold, free beer on a hot island day?

Visited June 2013

Texas, United States
“Well Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We took some time to visit The Cayman Islands Brewery while we were there recently. It was awesome! We walked in and they immediately offered us a sample of the beer. By the time they were ready to give the tour, I had already had two samples with a third in my hand for the tour. While we were on the tour, they happened to be bottling some of their beer that day. One of the people in our group struck up a conversation with one of the brewery people and they offered us all (there was only 4 of us) full beers directly off of the bottling line right before they were about to be capped. After the tour they even gave us a 4th sample. All of this and they didn't even charge us anything (however, I would strongly urge to put some money in the tip jar!). I was very impressed and would recommend going to the brewery for anyone that goes to Grand Cayman!

Visited July 2013
Grand Cayman
4 attraction reviews
“Beer lovers, don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Cayman Islands Brewery just outside of central town in Grand Cayman is well worth the visit. Touring the Brewery, meeting the welcoming and knowledgable staff plus sampling their quality brews is quite an experience. I recommend this to locals and visitors alike. Their gift shop offers a varied and fun selection as well. Don't miss this!

Visited May 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband & I fell in love with Caybrew beer when our port of call brought us to the Caymen islands while on our first cruise. I friended them on Facebook and am looking forward to the day when I can buy this beer in Texas! So on our 2nd cruise, our party of 4 took a bus to the brewery...the only thing I insisted on as far as "excursions" went. Because our ship got in pretty early in the day, we got our samples and waited for more tourists. The brewery got word of a big group coming in so we ended up getting a private tour. It was awesome! I don't remember her name but she was very knowledgable. I'll be honest...we went for the free beer...but we bought some too! Best beer ever!!

Visited April 2013
Raleigh
4 attraction reviews
“Dont miss this brewery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited Caybrew in Sept 2012 for a brewery tour. We were first given a couple free beer samples while we waited to see if anyone else would be on our tour. We were then given an incredible tour of the brewery. The guide was so informative about the brewing and packing process. She was a complete rockstar, taking our camera for us to take pictures of us around the brewery- which if you are a couple traveling alone, you know how many times you either have to stop someone to take your picture together, or just don't have pictures together. She gave us beer literally straight off the line, you cant get any fresher than that!! The can had not even been topped yet. Very Levern and Shirley :) I got to try my hand at putting 6 pack rings on a 6 pack. She continued taking pictures for us out front with Sharky and inside. We had a little photo shoot using Caybrew gear. Afterwards we continued to sample their various beers. Please check the brewery out. Please check this place out. You cant beat a free tour and free beer.

Visited September 2012