“Beer lovers, don't miss this!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 57 activities in George Town
Type: Breweries
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The secret of Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock (ISB) involves some of the most ancient brewing and manufacturing arts known to man; combine this with the most current state of the art brewing technology to date and this is The Cayman Islands Brewery.Caybrew has already won a prestigious Monde Gold award and quickly becoming the fastest growing beer in the Cayman Islands, Caybrew, Caylight and Ironshore Bock are brewed to the highest international standards.Brewery tours are available every Monday trough to Friday on the hour from 9 am to 4 pm. Ring ahead for bottling days for the main experience. The Gift store is also open during these times selling exclusive Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock items.
Grand Cayman
4 attraction reviews
“Beer lovers, don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Cayman Islands Brewery just outside of central town in Grand Cayman is well worth the visit. Touring the Brewery, meeting the welcoming and knowledgable staff plus sampling their quality brews is quite an experience. I recommend this to locals and visitors alike. Their gift shop offers a varied and fun selection as well. Don't miss this!

Visited May 2013

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband & I fell in love with Caybrew beer when our port of call brought us to the Caymen islands while on our first cruise. I friended them on Facebook and am looking forward to the day when I can buy this beer in Texas! So on our 2nd cruise, our party of 4 took a bus to the brewery...the only thing I insisted on as far as "excursions" went. Because our ship got in pretty early in the day, we got our samples and waited for more tourists. The brewery got word of a big group coming in so we ended up getting a private tour. It was awesome! I don't remember her name but she was very knowledgable. I'll be honest...we went for the free beer...but we bought some too! Best beer ever!!

Visited April 2013
Raleigh
4 attraction reviews
“Dont miss this brewery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited Caybrew in Sept 2012 for a brewery tour. We were first given a couple free beer samples while we waited to see if anyone else would be on our tour. We were then given an incredible tour of the brewery. The guide was so informative about the brewing and packing process. She was a complete rockstar, taking our camera for us to take pictures of us around the brewery- which if you are a couple traveling alone, you know how many times you either have to stop someone to take your picture together, or just don't have pictures together. She gave us beer literally straight off the line, you cant get any fresher than that!! The can had not even been topped yet. Very Levern and Shirley :) I got to try my hand at putting 6 pack rings on a 6 pack. She continued taking pictures for us out front with Sharky and inside. We had a little photo shoot using Caybrew gear. Afterwards we continued to sample their various beers. Please check the brewery out. Please check this place out. You cant beat a free tour and free beer.

Visited September 2012
Hartford, CT
“Great Stop While on Grand Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. We actually stop in here straight form the airport on our way to our condo each year. Nothing beats a few samples to start your trip off well. We were luck enough to meet Matthew at our condo one evening last August,when we were all enjoying the sunset, and he couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful with tips about the island, beer, working in the Caymans etc..

If you are a Beer Advocate type of beer "snob" you will notice that there is a lack of highly rated beers anywhere on the island. I love my highly rated beers as much as the next person, but I think that most of them are overrated. I find the White Tip to be an extremely enjoyable summer beer and it is my go to beer when I am in Grand Cayman.

My only complaint is that they do not yet brew an IPA. But hopefully that will change soon.

Visited August 2012
Kemah, TX
“Reminds me of the "Little. Brewery" in Shiner, TX !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was treated like a friend rater than just another "visitor" these people rock. Ironshore Bock was my favorite. At home I drink Shiner Bock. One problem (I can't get this wonderful beer in Kemah, Texas)! I will go back to this Island brewery they have BEER. Tom and I loved this place.

Visited August 2012