“Experience of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Attractions in George Town
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Established in 1996,Pampered Ponies is located on a beautiful beachfront property where we have 13 professionally trained big and beautiful horses. We are always happy to have you join us on various types of rides for maximum enjoyment of your visit to the Beautiful Island of Grand Cayman.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mobile, Alabama
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was a little apprehensive when we pulled up because it looked a little run down but the horses were well cared for even if the grounds and stables needed attention. To my three teenagers, this was the ultimate experience! They talked all night about how beautiful and amazing this excursion was. My husband and I decided not to ride. I am scared of horses and my husband is a big guy and didn't meet the weight requirement. However, Lori offered directions to a spot where we could watch our kids' experience-from the walk along the beach to the swim in the ocean. That meant a lot to me to be able to see their enjoyment. I really appreciate Pampered Ponies taking the time to not only provide my kids with an outstanding experience, but to put me at ease and allow us to watch them.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“Best Excursion EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were cruising on the Disney Fantasy and were looking for an experience outside of what the ship was offering. I found Pampered Ponies recommended on a Disney Mom's blog ( blog recommended by the cruise line). This business is run by Lori who was gracious and accommodating even when I was wishy-washy with booking times. Lori picked us up right near where the ship docked as promised and drove us to her property. The crew was professional and everyone felt safe on the journey as rides are adapted to rider experience level. We were joined by a family of 4 visiting the island with 2 teens who also enjoyed the ride. The scenery is straight out of a postcard and the ocean was like bath water ( in May). We will never forget riding bareback into the ocean and the bizarre and thrilling feeling of hanging on to a swimming horse. I loved that this was a truly unique horse-riding experience. After the ride, Lori made sure that we had no trouble making it back to the ship on time without ever feeling rushed through the experience. I also want to note that the crew was wonderful about taking photos and video for us with our cameras so we could concentrate on enjoying the ride. I cannot think of enough praise for Pampered Ponies. Can't wait to return to Grand Cayman to do it all over again!!!

Visited May 2013
Catlett, Virginia
“Excellent Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Don't be put off the the appearance as you pull up to the place. The horses are in great condition, and Ben, is amazing and funny. The whole ride was great, but the swimming on the horses was truly amazing. Hang n to the mane, lay across their back and enjoy the warm water. My wife and I had a fantastic time. Highly recommended for kids, as well as honeymoons, all will enjoy! No riding experience required at all. Book in advance, they book quickly during the week.

Harker Heights
5 attraction reviews
“Exceptional experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My sister and I had the experience of a lifetime riding these horses while they were swimming. We will definitely do it again when we revisit the Island. The horses are in great shape and the staff is very accommodating. This was my favorite excursion on the Island.

Columbus, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
“Sunset horseback ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I booked the sunset ride through the Marriott concierge. We were picked up at the hotel in the owners pick up truck. We fit 5 people plus the owner in a truck so it was a cramped ride. We got to the ranch and were assigned our horse as well as instructions on steering the reigns. We went on a several mile ride in which the guides would take pictures of us on our cameras. The downside is that this is from West Bay on the east side of the tip. So the sunset view was not over the water but over the town of west bay. We did the same ride in Provo, Turks & Caicos and it was much better.

Visited April 2013