“Sunset horseback ride” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 attractions in George Town
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Established in 1996,Pampered Ponies is located on a beautiful beachfront property where we have 13 professionally trained big and beautiful horses. We are always happy to have you join us on various types of rides for maximum enjoyment of your visit to the Beautiful Island of Grand Cayman.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Columbus, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
“Sunset horseback ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I booked the sunset ride through the Marriott concierge. We were picked up at the hotel in the owners pick up truck. We fit 5 people plus the owner in a truck so it was a cramped ride. We got to the ranch and were assigned our horse as well as instructions on steering the reigns. We went on a several mile ride in which the guides would take pictures of us on our cameras. The downside is that this is from West Bay on the east side of the tip. So the sunset view was not over the water but over the town of west bay. We did the same ride in Provo, Turks & Caicos and it was much better.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I did this ride a few years ago with Pampered Ponies and had the best experience of my life. Swimming with horses is so amazing and so rare of an opportunity. I have wanted my husband to try it with me since then, but he's really not much of a horse person. I finally talked him into doing it during our last trip a week ago. He was nervous, but was given a wonderful horse, and has the time of his life. I was on Summer and he was on Moonstruck. Both horses were easy to handle and very sweet. Our guide let me canter down the beach with Summer, but my husband did not since he's not an experienced rider. At the halfway point we stopped and took off the saddles and rode into the water. There was a tour with another company in the water, so we hung back until they were done. I noticed that they didn't get to do a real swim in deep water. We were lead out into the deeper water and really got to experience the horses swimming. We held on to the mane and laid across the horses back and just glided thru the water. The whole experience was wonderful. The horses are obviously well taken care of and happy. I highly recommend it.

Visited May 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“THE most amazing thing to do.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am not an experienced horse rider but felt totally comfortable on my gorgeous Summer. To ride on a deserted beach and then to swim with her in the ocean was the best experience I had in Cayman. And believe me I did everything there was to do on this wonderful island. laurie and her team were fantastic, don't go anywhere else and DO NOT miss out on this amazing experience.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a brilliant experience and proffessional operation. Having been around horses all my life I was delighted to meet these truly pampered ponies (although we rode large horses!!) The service was excellent and the matchig horse to rider expert. If you only do one thing in Cayman, swim wth the horses. Thank you Laurie and the team for a great day I will never forget. These ponies are tryly pampered and so are the guests!!!

Cayman Brac
“Beautiful way to experience the sea.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a wonderful experience riding through the water on these well cared for horses; knowing that you are safe in their well trained care. There is nothing like it!

Visited May 2012