“5 Stars - but you have to be wanting "hole in the wall" Trinidad and” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Singh's Roti Shop & Bar

Ranked #25 of 79 restaurants in George Town
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Grand Cayman
“5 Stars - but you have to be wanting "hole in the wall" Trinidad and”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I always take visitors (family guests) here at least one time for an off-beat place - something they likely will not get at home. I personally eat lunch here at least once per week and my family, including 12 and 14 year old boy, like it. Very basic but tasty Trinidad food. The homemade hot sauce on the table is hot but tasty. Rotis or daily specials (plate meals). Cricket on the TVs. Very local crowd. One of the cheapest meals around.

Visited October 2013

81% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The food here is mediocre at best. The roti gets hard after 10 mins and the portions are very small. Not worth the CI they charge.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
W Yorks
“Worth the trip to Georgetown just for this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Okay, I admit, I am a Trini, so when I go into raptures over the roti because I haven't had one for years, others may find it inexplicable.
But it is excellent and at lunchtime the place fills up with locals, and with locals bringing visitors - The highest compliment possible.
What more is there to say, except that there was also free wifi and cricket on the box!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville Florida
“Good food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had the veggie curry roti and it was good and my husband had the conch roti and it too was good. The food is reasonable and they have many tropical juices. We tried the soursop juice and it was good. This place is good for a quick meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Cayman
“Surprised and disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Born in Trinidad, grew up in the very multi-cultural city of Toronto then moved to Cayman left me expecting that I would have no issues maintaining my love of the traditional Caribbean "Roti".

Once I was told about Singh's in George Town, I wasted no time in checking it out. In fact, I was told that the owners were Trinidadians, so I was very surprised when we had our first taste of the conch and chicken roti.

It did not come close to the any of the rotis that I have had over the years from various establishments in the Toronto area. The roti shell itself was also very disappointing.

Topping it off were small portion sizes at CI dollar prices that simply did not leave me with any desire to return again.

• Visited September 2012