“Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in George Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
nc
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

The food was average. I ordered the mahi mahi blackened and it was very dry. My husband had salmon with a pineapple salsa which was very strong.

The service was very slow and when our server did appear she was very rushed and impatient. We waited approximately 20 min before our order was taken. Perhaps we chose this restaurant at an off time but our experience was not good at all.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Overrated and Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We recently went on a group dinner to the Lobster Pot and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I was excited to go since there was a lot of hype about it being one of the best restaurants in George town. However, I have to say that it seemed to be just an overpriced seafood restaurant with small portions. My meal was fine, but not good enough to justify the expense. I would have rather eaten at one of the supurb restaurants at the Ritz Carlton for what we spent. And yes, the restaurant it is located right on the water, and I am sure the sunsets are amazing, but if you come to eat a later dinner, as we did, you can not see the ocean or anything else outside. I can say the service was excellent and the woman who served us did an amazing job attending to such a large party. On the whole though, there are other better restaurants in Grand Cayman that I would rather spend my money on next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Athens
“brings back so many fond memories - i love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

my father lived in the grand cayman and every year I insisted on eating here. it was my favourite place on the island. the atmosphere is great especially for dinner. my dish was the broiled lobster with butter and it was great each time. the service was always friendly and welcoming.
it is a little expensive but worth it considering the experience you get from it. i LOVE it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Pretty Good/Pretty Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

On an island where the cost of eating out is pretty steep, the Lobster Pot is no exception. With 4 of five getting a lobster entre, the tab was $300 without the tip. Not bad, but not cheap either. Didn't go there to eat cheap. The surf and turf was okay, but not spectacular. The NY Strip was nothing worth the price. The accompanying lobster was very good, but not great. The three who just had lobster were pleased, but the lobster was no better than I could make at home. The reason to go is being on vacation, wanting to be right on the water, watch the sunset, the feeding or huge tarpon right below your window and the sense of splurging once or twice in paradise. I wouldn't go back, but only because of there being so many places to eat and so little time while on vacation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hotlanta
“Still a Gerogetown landmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

My wife and I had lunch at The Lobster Pot after diving with Wall To Wall Divers at The Lobster Pot Dive Center located below the restaurant.

The Lobster Pot was one of the few nice places to eat when we came to Cayman in the 70's when I was a kid.

We shared a lobster melt at the bar, drank ice cold Cay Brew on tap, and chatted with the the employees about how I had not been there in 30 years. Bob Soto had his dive operation underneath back then.

It is a nice friendly restaurant, with a nice view of Georgetown Harbour. I recommend it for lunch.