“Amazing food, atmosphere and service! Don't miss out!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 345 9451815
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
The Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in George Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing food, atmosphere and service! Don't miss out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

At first we were taken back when we pulled up to the office park where the restaurant was located but once you walk in you forget where you are.

The atmosphere is warm and beautiful.

The food and drinks were fabulous. We had the ceviche, pizza (Friday night special), little neck clams and chicken with pecans.

We dined at Blue a few nights earlier and agreed that the food at Brasserie was superior for half the price.

We wish we went on our first night instead of our last so we could have come back multiple times during our stay.

This should be at the top of your list when planning your dinners on the island.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Hard to find but totally worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went to this place because a friend told me about it. They have great dinners but for lunch they are terrific. They have hot and cold style salad bar with great food. Reasonably priced for super fresh organic food.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“The Brasserie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow, what can I say, this is the best restaurant here I have been to, have lived here for eight months so have tried a lot of them! The food was incredible, the service was impeccable, we had dish after dish of stunning food, all of which was so fresh. We shared mixed tacos for starter which was just amazing - my favourite was the steak one!The timing of the cooking must have been to the second, there were items in some of the dishes including spinach and eggs which a few seconds can ruin, but these had been prepared with such care it was obvious that there was a) great skill and b) great passion in the kitchen that it mattered that everything was just right. The mojito I had was superb, and the lightest sticky toffee pudding I have ever tasted (I didn't think I would have room for this, but I'm so very glad I had it)! Mind-bending sorbet flavours on the menu, sweet potato sorbet - which I had with the sticky toffee as I can't eat ice-cream - just, well blew my mind. Thank goodness for people who aren't afraid to try making something completely new!! A truly wonderful evening, I have to say it was faultless, and the chef came out to say hello which was great! We've both been to a number of places on the island where the prices are similar, but we both agreed that the food and the service at the Brasserie are on a different level. We will both be definitely recommending this place to friends and will also going back!! Thank you!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitehorse, Canada
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This lovely little restaurant tucked away in the middle of some business buildings has a lovely atmosphere, wonderful service and great food. We did the table d'hote and enjoyed it all. The snapper was lovely and the duck breast with lightly fried egg (so the yolk spilled onto the meat) was a revelation. The desserts were also very tasty. As i was driving, I appreciated that they had refreshing herbal mocktails.
We will definitely drop by again on our next visit to Georgetown. My only caveat would be that since it is a small menu and seasonal, I'm not sure it's a place one can go to more than once per trip unless you like repeat experiences. I would label this a special occasion restaurant.
The chef came out and spoke to us and it was nice to hear his passion for the food and also for his new home.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Exceptional Combination of Flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went for the set menu and were delighted with the experience. The chef is very focused on getting fresh ingredients, but using local suppliers. The duck with quail egg was just a marvellous combination for the tastebuds. Try to incorporate the egg with every bit of the duck as it really brought out the flavour.

One of the things we did not expect were the exceptional desserts. From my experience with fine dinning, when the main course is exceptional, the desserts will be lacking. I am uncertain if this is an ego issue in the kitchen, but Brasserie's pastry chef is wonderful. Every bit was a new experience, and the flavours were well balanced.

Service was very good, and the staff were very attentive. The owners are focused on delivering a wonderful culinary experience with value. It's very nice to see they are committed to keeping the business properly run with competent staff. They have a very large wine cellar and are eager to show it off to patrons.

• Visited July 2013