“50th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

+1 345 9451815
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
The Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in George Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“50th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently celebrated our parent's 50th wedding anniversary in Grand Cayman and one of the highlights was a family dinner at The Brasserie. I worked with Corey in advance via e-mail. He was extremely responsive and helped us plan the perfect evening. We were a party of 10 so he recommended the Patio room which worked great and provided the perfect ambiance. The Patio room is directly off of the main dining area but also has access to the garden. Our waitress (extremely nice) gave the kids a tour of the garden.

The food was excellent - our compliments to the chef! We all had different entrees from the catch of the day to chicken to pork - all excellent. Corey helped order the cake in advance so this too was excellent.

If you are celebrating an event or simply looking for a great place to have dinner, I highly recommend The Brasserie!

Stratford, Ontario, Canada
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friends and I went to the Brasserie at Cricket Square in Georgetown. It was just Fabulous. We had the Monday surprise the night we went was Wahoo and I believe that it was the first time that I had this fish dish. It was mouthwateringly good! The owners have their own fishing boats so it is very fresh I have eaten in a lot of excellent restaurants over the years and it is right up there with the very best. The whole ambience of the Restaurant was fantastic and the servers were very attentive.

Ontario
“Not just the fish..check out the greenhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Yes fish is first...heck they have their own boats ...gotta try the Fish wings..snapper collars dunked in buttermilk and bread crumbs..only two findable bones in them..like a chicken wing a real treat. Grill cheese app...sounds boring but Brie and white truffels...OMG... I had Wahoo..never had before but an accurate description from our increadibly attentive and knowledgeable wait staff had me enjoying a new find. The veg are fantastic most grown on site..ask for the tour and if I was back I would ask for the vegetarian plate..high praise from a meat eater. handled delicatly..creative and above all fresh! Decor ...truly island.Dark woods/flowers.... and a moment of worship...the chocolate ice cream with sea salt....it captured my attention... and my imagination...last bite savored with the last bit of my red wine...it does not get better! Reasonably priced..dinner from 15- 40 $ Great specials almost every day...a great value away from the 7 mile ..close though..but infintely more upscale and attentive for the $ and for sure on my list for my next trip back.

Minneapolis
“Freshest Fish on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

If the General Manager, Corey, is around have him give you a tour of the place. The restaurant has an on-site garden that they pick from daily and the kitchen is beyond clean. Fish is caught daily from two boats owned by the restaurant. Every restaurant is expensive on the island but you can feel good about spending a few bucks here!

Visited October 2012
WA
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went for lunch and at that point in my trip we had not had any seafood- sad…This fit the bill. It was cooked perfectly and had lovely sides
They say its in George Town area but its quite close to 7 mile. Lovely atmosphere, private booths and tables. Amazing wine list. Crazy fresh- they have their own garden and the fish I had was not only exceptional but caught that morning. Great starters. I had the most amazing brie and truffle toasted cheese sandwich- it was like it was made for me.
Lunch portions were wonderful.
Service was very friendly and attentive.
Seemed to cater to a business crowd but we were certainly welcomed as tourists.
They have a market next door where you can get lovely to-go items also.
It’s a great choice- easily our top 5 places we ate !

• Visited October 2012