“Great Dive Spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 57 activities in George Town
Type: Tours, Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water... I’ve have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers." More profound words were never spoken! Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer’s perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room!
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our first trip to a resort that specialized in diving. We really enjoyed our stay. The dive staff was friendly and always very helpful. The diving was beautiful! We had no problems at all with our booking, our room, our dives, or any other part of our trip. Having My Bar on site was very convenient for lunch after our morning dives.
Sunset House is a quick walk either into Georgetown or to Smith's Cove. Be aware though that the area is not really "walking friendly." There are very few sidewalks. Sunset House staff will call you a cab if you want to go into town for dinner or shopping and do not care to walk. A cab into Georgetown is $10 US one way and $18 US one way to seven mile beach.

Visited May 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Great for food and snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wonderfully laid back place with excellent right-off-the-beach snorkeling. We arrived too late to get a locker, so they kept my bag with money and credit cards behind the counter. Great guys in the dive shop. They've cut out a large section of the rocks to create a pool that beginning divers and snorkelers can use. Our 9yo started out there and then we moved into the sea. It was choppy that day, but we spent about an hour seeing great fish and some squid. Then we finished at the restaurant with great food and drinks. A wonderful day!!!

Visited April 2013
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“For Divers, By Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great dive operation with friendly helpful staff. My wife is a nervous diver and they accommodated her with ease. They had the biggest dive lockers that I've ever used complete with hangers for wetsuits. Two of us could fit comfortably in one locker. The restaurant, My Bar was fantastic (see separate review), the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The dive operation uses minivans to drive to the south side of the island on the two days of heavy weather so we never missed a dive. Shore diving was pretty good. No beach so the water was clear with no run-off

Visited March 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been to the Sunset House several times on several trips and this place has never done me wrong. Great atmosphere, great food, great service and the view is outstanding. No reservations required BUT I suggest you get here early for great sunset seating. First come, first serve seating. Try a mudslide or a steak. You'll like it and the price as well. Free wifi was available

“Nice and spicy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

THIS is my place! Never had a bad meal here and they do things the wa I like it nice and spicy.Their fish curry is possibly one of the best dishes I've had in GC in the many years I've been coming.Sunset House has a casual atmosphere but they rank as a first class dining place in my mind.