“Nice local spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 235 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Guelph, On, Canada
“Nice local spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just had a wonderful lunch at Over the Edge. Callaloo quiche and peel and eat shrimp. It came with Cayman fried bread, which is similar to others we have had in the Caribbean, and haven't had for ages!
Nice view over the reef, and the staff are very friendly, and quick. Good prices. All in all very lovely.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Paradise Valley, Arizona
“dinner at the edge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

always a great experience..food good, ambience open air ( need mosquito spray) friendly staff, and plenty of TV exposure to US basketball, baseball and hockey

Visited July 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Ocean side ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our second “local food” place we chose to eat. It was a later lunch for us, as we just finished walking about the Botanic Park, so we were really hungry. We just wanted a casual place to kick back, relax, listen to ocean waves and feel the ocean breeze. This was it.
I wanted to try something different, and had the marinated conch as an appetizer. It’s an acquired taste. I tried some of it, but it was definitely more than just for one person, and my husband isn't as daring.
For lunch, I had a grilled chicken breast, my husband had the Cajun Chicken. Both dishes came with rice & beans, local veggies, and Cayman fried bread. I tend to avoid fried food, but I did nibble on the fried bread, just to try it. The food was very good as far as the local fare, and our plates were filled with food. And for what we ate, you can’t beat the price of USD$48.75 for two (we didn't order alcoholic drinks, or dessert). I usually try to snap photos of our food before we eat it, but we were so hungry we just wanted to eat. So the photos show whatever was left when I remembered to take the photo.
Service was good, and we met the owner and the cook who were very nice and we had a pleasant conversation with them both.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“A great breakfast after Stingray City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The breakfast was great and it hit the spot after spending the morning with the Stingrays and snorkeling.

Visited May 2013
Aledo, Texas
“Do go over the edge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Over the edge is another joint on the East end. I'm told it is great for happy hour and dinner-we went for lunch on a stormy Grand Cayman Day and sat outside on the patio overlooking the lagoon. The restaurant is in a picturesque location and you ought to sit outside to take advantage of the view. Breakfast was pretty standard-nothing special, but cooked to order. My wife enjoyed a Jamaican breakfast of fish and ackies-very good and different.

Visited May 2013