“It's NOT washed away!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 233 restaurants in Grand Cayman
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: iconic restaurant with stunning views over the water, dining on the new dock over the carribean sea, creative menu featuring fresh local seafood, Italian cuisine with home made pastas and home made bread and desserts, wine cellar with over 150 different wines from around the world.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“It's NOT washed away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Friends told us this had been their favorite, but washed away in a storm. Not so! The lovely restaurant is out of the way, but worth the drive. Surfside seating and a yummy menu.

83% Recommend
Anaheim, California
“Good Food Terrible head waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After giving this restaurant a try 3 years ago, I was treated awful by the head server here, he was very condescending to myself and a friend that travelled with me. He sat us at the back in the corner, because we did not have reservations on a Wed night and he made it very clear we weren't welcome - guess my money wasen't welcome either. I had a cocktail and left without ordering because he made us feel so bad. I swore to never go there again.The food I understood was good but when you are treated like your under class why would you want to have someone make you feel that way and then drop some cash at this location.
HOWEVER returning to Cayman again this year my friends talked me in to going. Sure enough the same head waiter Chicktee, made a snyde comment about my brother when we walked by that only my brother and I could hear about his attire " all dressed up I see", very subtle but schocking!. This guy probably does more damage to this restaurant that the management knows and where does he get off commenting on people's attire in a beach setting. My brother was wearing a short sleeve shirt and khaki shorts - typical cayman attire.
We ordered because there was a group of us, food was very good I have to say. But be on the lookout for Chicktee he can put a bad taste in your mouth the minute you walk in the door. So that is 2 visits both bad experiences due to this character who thinks he should be rubbing elbows with the royals .. he does this place no favors by being there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Great ambiance. Decent food and ok service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice place, friendly people, but the food was only so-so and the service was a little lacking. The appetizers and desserts were really good, but entrees were average.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

WOW! Everything about this place was amazing, from start to finish. We went there one evening for drinks and I had the champagne mojito (one of the strongest drinks I've ever had) and my husband had some cuban rum. Loved the atmosphere, so decided to go back there for our last dinne ron the island. Right as we walked in, the bartender remembered us from the previous night and we were seated on the patio (protected by the wind). We ordered the grilled seafood platter for two with alfredo linguini and it was fantastic!!!! LOved everything about this place, the view, the food, the server, the ambiance. It was jsut as pricey as every other dinner in Grand Cayman, about $130 with tip.
Overall, great restaurant, perfect for a romantic dinner

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went last night for dinner. It was one of our favorites last vacation. Without a reservation, we were given a choice of immediate seating on the patio or a 10 minute wait for seating on the deck. We choose the patio--deck very windy. The service was excellent. Food was also wonderful, but beware of ala carte pricing. When asked if we wanted bread or garlic bread with our meals, we were charged for the bread. We ordered a salad to share before the entree, which was brought on two salad plates, and charged for two salads. With that caveat, the food and service was wonderful.