“Phenomenal. Very pricy but worth it.” 5 of 5 stars

The Ritz-Carlton, West Bay Road, Grand Cayman, Grand Cayman
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Blue By Eric Ripert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 235 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
CT
“Phenomenal. Very pricy but worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

It's a good thing we came ready to splurge, because splurge we did. We did a girls trip to the Cayman Islands in April and we were very excited to go to this restaurant. After looking at the menus, we went all the way with the full 7 course tasting menu, with wine pairings. The service was impeccable, the food exquisite, the wines delicious. In addition to the 7 course menu, the servers brought out an amuse bouche, another starter, and an additional dessert at the end. And little to-go boxes with chocolate macarons was a fabulous touch at the end. Everything was delicious; my favorite courses were the surprise starter -a wahoo concoction, the tuna foie gras, poached halibut with black truffle, and the dover sole with brown butter. The only reason I can list these out is that, upon request, the servers brought out tasting menus for us to take home. I would highly recommend Blue for an anniversary or other celebration, on a night when money (and time) is no object. This experience was worth every penny!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thousand Oaks, California
“Out of the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

One of the best restaurants in the Caribbean. The menu was unique offering either a tasting menu with wine pairings or an a la carte type menu were you could selection any number of items. The wine list was extensive with an excellent selection of wines. By far the service was what stood out here. Each table had two waiters that catered to every diner's needs. The restaurant is very expensive --- $850 for four including wine and drinks, but remember you are on vacation! Treat yourself!

Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I agree with other reviewers who thought this restaurant is well worth the time and money. From the moment we walked in, we were treated to exceptional service. As an earlier reviewer said, the servers were there when needed, but, never obtrusive. When I, and one of my companions, briefly mentioned being chilly, we were immediately provided with shawls to cover our shoulders. We received several "gifts from the chef," in addition to our 5 courses on the tasting menu. I do not understand the reviewer who said the portions were small. We were all more than satisfied with the amount of food we were given in each course. The tuna with foie gras was, very possibly, the best bite of food I have ever eaten. I am not a big dessert eater, and was not really tempted by any of the selections. I opted for the sorbets, and was very pleasantly surprised by the popcorn sorbet, which was recommended by our server. It was not like any other "popcorn" flavored food I have ever tasted; it was delicious. One of my companions cannot eat gluten, dairy, eggs or shellfish, and we were all very surprised that they were able to meet ALL of her dietary restrictions. They even had a bread option that included none of the above ingredients, and was very good. We were there almost 3 hours, and the time flew by. Of course, good company always does that for me, but, the food and service were a large part of that feeling. I wouldn't want to be rushed through an experience like Blue provides. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff who made us feel comfortable, appreciated, and well attended. I will recommend Blue to anyone going to Grand Cayman.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing but expensive!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Blue on our trip to Grand Cayman in April 2013. Everyone, from the host to all of the servers, were fabulous. We had the most attentive but tasteful service. I never needed to ask for anything - it was already unobtrusively there! All of the staff called us by name, and remembered any detail that we told them. The food was spectacular - some of the most interesting seafood presentations Ive ever had - and amazing. You were also given freshly made macaroons packaged to go.

The con: the price. There are only three dining options (no ala cart): three course menu for $90pp, four course for $98, or a wine pairing tasting menu for $250. We did the four course menu, plus a cocktail and glass of wine each and our bill (with gratuity) was almost $400 USD.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Legendary dining in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

From start to finish our experience at Blue was top notch. The atmosphere was comfortable and surprisingly friendly a restaurant of this caliber. The bartender Stewart was attentive, conversational and mixed up some great cocktails (upon the sea and a "no name" gin/cucumber concoction that was a top order that night)! Last but not least the food and service were amazing. Having ordered the four course menu with a few upgrades and plates from the kitchen we left comfortably full and extremely satisfied with our choices. Poached lobster is divine! Splurge for the upgrades if you see fit they are great!

To the staff at Blue...Thank you for a fantastic anniversary dinner, cocktails and for your attentiveness to the culinary needs of my expecting wife!

• Visited May 2013