“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Sarasota, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We decided we wanted to do a beach ride not knowing we could actually take the horses swimming! It was truly a wonderful thing to do on an overcast day. Gary our guide was super too and a knowledgable horseman. Very helpful and informative.

It was very important to us to make sure that the animals were treated properly and well cared for, and it appeared that Coral Stone did take good care of their animals.

They picked us up at our hotel and brought us to the beach area where we walked the horses for a while then went into the surf. Like a four legged, hairy jet ski.

Definitely a fun way to spend an afternoon in Grand Cayman.

Visited May 2013

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awesome Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I took a beach ride on the horses and it was fantastic...I was very nervous but my guide was Everton and he knew I was nervous and he was wonderful...he talked to US the whole ride and soon I felt comfortable...This is something everyone should visit when in Cayman...

Visited May 2013
Dallas, TX
“Frightening Experience--and NO response from owner!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been on many, many trail-style rides like this before. What happened on my recent trip to Grand Cayman was very frightening. My two daughters and I are still shaken from the incident. The three of us were on a ride on the beach with one guide. The first part of the trip was okay--a couple times the horses would act spooked, but overall kept going without major incident. After our half-way point, we turned to go back. Right away, the guide's horse started rearing and that in turn spooked my daughters' two horses. I asked the guide to please get off his horse until he had control, as my daughters were getting nervous. He did, but was too far behind us to do anything. (I was wanting him to guide my daughter's horses by a lead until all settled a bit). Less than 5 minutes later, my youngest daughter's horse began bucking her off--she held on for a bit but was eventually thrown. The guide was getting off his horse to check on her when my oldest daughter's horse ran off through the trees down a gravel road into nowhere. I told (okay, screamed) at the guide to please go after my oldest daughter (she was out of sight by this time) and I stayed and quickly got off my horse to examine my youngest daughter who was laying on the ground crying hysterically. There was no one around. I got her up, she complained of hurting her arm, but I could tell that she was overall okay. We quickly ran as I had no clue where the guide or my oldest daughter was--I was extremely frightened as I could imagine my daughter by herself on a run-a-way horse. We ran into some very kind British tourists who had a car--they offered to help us try to find my oldest daughter. As we were heading to their car--around the corner came my oldest daughter and the guide and the horse. (about 5-10 minutes later) She was crying as well--and very frightened. She complained of her foot, hip, and chest hurting. At this point, there was NO way any of us were going to get back onto the horses, so the kind British couple took us back to a close restaurant where we waited for my husband to pick us up. I had told the guide as we were leaving that we would be contacting the company--at at the LEAST wanted our money refunded. I also told him that I expected he would be sharing this incident with the owner/head of the stables so they would be aware of what had happened. I was shocked that we never heard (letter, email, phone call) from the company. (not even asking how the three of us were doing). My oldest daughter had bruises up and down her chest from hitting the saddle. The youngest, who was thrown, was sore and frightened, but thankfully okay. I was traumatized at the thought of what could have happened--and frankly, still shudder when I think about that day. When we returned to our home, my husband wrote an email to the owner/head of the stables and asked in the least for our money to be refunded. We gave them a week to respond. We never heard from them. I would hate to think that something could happen like this to someone else--thus why I am leaving this review. There are other choices at riding stables in the Caymans, and I would highly recommend that you go elsewhere.

Visited March 2013
Noland S, Owner at Coral Stone Stables, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
I am deeply sorry for the experience shared in this review. Our guide explained to me what too place which I will clarified and justify the action taken.

First of all if recalled, this incident took place on a windy day which could make the horses a bit nervous.
Where the incident took place was less the 10 minutes before the ride ended.
Our guide are always in the lead for all tours and not behind our guests even after photo taking.
Your youngest daughter was thrown no doubt and this was an one-off incident.
Your eldest daughter that suffered bruises to her chest and stomach area was due to her laying down on the saddle horn instead of sitting up and pulling back on the reins to stop her horse from continuing running and not to mention the screaming did contributed in a negative way.
The guide mentioned you signed a waiver for your girls but still demand a refund and that the experience would be posted on the review. No refund was given for those reasons.
This reservation was a call-in/walk-in and not an online booking. Your names were on the waiver and nothing more. No contact was made between ourselves until you returned to the United States. Since we have amended our waiver to include the place of stay while visiting as a means to contact for any reason needed.
Again I do regret your horrific experience and since this incident we have also made changes to our rides based on the weather conditions regardless on what level riding abilities.
I trust this will not discourage you from visiting the Caymans again and to experience other attractions our island have to offer.

Best Regards,

Noland Stewart - Owner
Canada
“Beautiful - geared towards beginners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've been riding for 9 years and was hoping for a bit more exciting ride - at least a trot on the beach. That is the extent of my disappointment though - the horses were in GREAT shape, which is why i specifically chose to ride in Grand Cayman. I did my research before booking and this stable by far keeps their horses in the best shape I've seen in any "vacation" spot I've ever been to.
Guides were knowledgable, friendly, and gave a good intro to the beginners with us. When another rider seemed to get nervous about something her horse was doing, the following guide was there in 2 seconds and talked her through it.
Guides took lots of pictures for us and were very chatty and social. They stored our bags for us and we also got water to drink at the end of the ride. The horses were confident, gentle, and obviously well cared for.
Absolutely a MUST do excursion.

Visited February 2013
Navarre, Florida
“Just taking your money. Stay away.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked online, and the online reservation said to expect another confirmation email with more details on where to meet up. This email never came, and we didn't know where to go! The owner tried calling me the day of, but my phone was turned off (we were on a cruise and it was turned off the entire time of the trip). I received the voicemail when I got back to the States. While I feel bad they waited for us somewhere all morning, they needed to tell me where to go BEFORE so we could have met them!! They still charged us the full price, which I disputed. I then disputed with my credit card company, but the stables company merely charged my card AGAIN. After disputing the first charge, I didn't bother disputing the second (I already had to get a new credit card because of the first dispute!) because those people probably need the money a lot more than I do. I take consolation in knowing them taking our vacation money can maybe help their poor lives.

Visited December 2012
It's very unfortunately you were charged for your horse back excursion which you did not show-up for. However this was the terms and conditions your agreed on when booking the reservation. We would have appreciated a call or e-mail on your behalf if there was a change of interest instead of delaying the rest of the group ride for the unknown reason of your absence. I trust that your visit to our beautiful island was enjoyable and we welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,