“Fun but not adventurous.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 192 Activities in Grand Cayman
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
3 attraction reviews
“Fun but not adventurous.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been riding horses since I was in diapers, and this ride is geared for 1st time riders. Since we booked thru our cruise line, we had to wear helmets, couldn't go above a walk, and did not get to swim with our horses in the ocean. I understand if you book privately, you can do these things.
The beach and water are beautiful, and the horses are well behaved. I did enjoy it, because I'm always happy on the back of a horse, I was just expecting a little more adventure based on pictures.

Anderson, Indiana, United States
“Nice Beach ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We did a private ride and swim with the horses. The horses were awesome; well behaved, calm and appeared to love the water. They also were healthy looking and well cared for. The guide was friendly and helpful and took lots of photos for us. Wasn't a long ride but was very enjoyable and the staff was great !

Visited January 2013
Iowa
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My 7 year old daughter and I went on an early morning beach ride in December. They picked us up at our condo and dropped us off afterward, which was very much appreciated! We were the only ones on the ride at that time (8AM). The horses were very gentle, and my daughter, who had only ridden once before, had no trouble. It was the highlight of her trip! The guide was very friendly and found a conch shell on the beach for my daughter. We stopped halfway through the ride and the guide took photos of my daughter and I on our horses -- the photos turned out great and are wonderful memories. I booked the ride online but then had questions about the transportation -- they were very quick to respond by email and prompt at picking us up at our resort. All in all a great experience and I would pick Coral Stone Stables again if we are back in Grand Cayman in the future.

Visited December 2012
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Enjoyable Adventure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was one activity that my 18 year old really wanted to do, so we made a reservation before getting to the island. CSS picked us up at the hotel when they said they would and drove us to the location - very remote. The guides were friendly, although there was a slight language barrier. I paid by credit card and the first couple times they swiped it on the portable machine, it didn't work. Their patience paid off and the third time it did...They got us onto the horses pretty quickly and adjusted the foot straps and we were off! We did the walk on the beach followed by a swim with the horses. It rained for 5 minutes before we got into the water, so it was actually kind of nice to already be soaked before the swim - and then the sun came out so we weren't cold. The guide offered to hide my camera under his saddle (which he removed before the swim) when it rained, which I thought was very considerate. All in all, it was very pleasant and enjoyable and we would recommend the experience for anyone who is not afraid of horses!

Visited December 2012
Lancaster, California
3 attraction reviews
“Trip Highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife was raised around horses and riding in the ocean was a fantasy she craved. The folks at Coral Stone were very accommodating when other outfits were reluctant to work with cruise passengers with tight schedules. They picked us up and returned us to the cruise terminal as promised. Their horses were gentle and well cared for. Noland helped with the photography. The experience (a private charter) was amazing and fulfilled our dreams!

Visited January 2013