“Bioluminessence Bay tour” 5 of 5 stars

+1 345-925-8129
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Come do watersports Cayman style. The Sweet Spot Cayman has something for everybody. Whether you are a beginning kiteboarder, an experienced rider, or if you are not a kiteboarder, the Sweet Spot has the activity for you. With ideal kiteboarding conditions, world famous Bioluminescence, pristine paddling and kayaking, clear warm water, relaxing beaches all on a tranquil Caribbean island, what else could you ask for?
Riverhead, New York
17 attraction reviews
“Bioluminessence Bay tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our guide Bob did a fantastic job on this tour. They offer either a kayak tour or the boat tour. We chose the boat tour and it was very relaxing for 2 hours. This tour goes out of Rum Point right next to the Kaibo Yacht Club. Definitely enjoyable.

Visited March 2013
Michael M, Manager at The Sweet Spot, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your nice review! We are happy that you enjoyed our tour. Hope to see you again

Just to clarify one thing. We are located at Kaibo Beach Bar and Yacht Club. Rum Point is about a mile away :) You will find us at the base of the dock at Kaibo. Or give us a call at 345-925-8129

Thanks again

Winston Salem, NC
9 attraction reviews
“Low Key Hands On Bio-Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We learned about the Sweet Spot bio-tour from Allen at White Sands at the Reef. We had done a pretty fabulous bio-luminescent kayak tour in Puerto Rico a few years ago and were hoping it would be as good. This was a great little tour for our small group. Brandon kept us all engaged and pointed out not only sea-life related to the bio-luminescence, but also did a great job of pointing out the stars and constellations that we could see during the tour. We got to hold a star-fish from star-fish point, swim in a very bright bio-luminescence, and also see "disco shrimp" react to our paddles. Great 2 hour excursion.

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Best spot in Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Once you kite off this beach, you won't want to kite anywhere else. The location is spot on perfect for launching and landing.

The flat water is one two shot tac's away and waves are only about a min away.

Having the confidence of having staff on the beach and a boat on hand at all times is differently reassuring for my wife and I.

The guys at the Sweet Spot come highly recommend.

Visited December 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Learning to kiteboard at East End and Bioluminescence Tour from Caibo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I did three and a half kiteboarding lessons with Mike (the owner) with help from Jon and Brandon.

It was a great experience. Jon brought me through all the basic kite manoeuvres in my first lesson from launching the kite to body dragging to performing a self rescue. This gave me the foundation that I needed to progress. His style was laid back and fun but he also was an excellent teacher.

From then on I was with Mike who coached me in the following 2 and a half lessons all the way to getting my first few proper rides. Needless to say there were a few spectacular wipeouts but mike using his headphone helmets could explain to me exactly where I went wrong and how I should correct my errors. The learning curve was pretty much vertical!! Kiteboarding is a huge amount of fun!

In addition to learning to kite with these guys they also took myself and the rest of my family on a bioluminescence tour to bioluminescent bay. This is a great activity for all the family and I highly recommend it.

We all met up with Mike and Brandon and the rest of the customers at 7 at Caibo. Mike checked us in while Brandon sorted everyone out with life jackets, kayaks and paddles.

With Mike heading up the tour and Brandon keeping an eye on the kayakers towards the back everyone felt safe even in the pitch black.

Mike has a wealth of knowledge of bioluminescence, the stars and planets and of course Grand Cayman. He kept us all interested while we made the 30 minute paddle to the bay where we witnessed fantastic bioluminescence with Brandon jumping in and entertaining us with Bio- Angels!!

On the way back we were introduced to the disco shrimp but I'll let you find out about them yourself!

Great trip and a great gang of people.

Dartmouth, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Not much island hospitality here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I had a couple of dealings with the Sweet Spot, both while planning our trip and during our visit. It took a couple of attempts to get them to answer my inquiries but I did get the information I needed in the end. Unfortunately I was quoted the wrong prices for several options and instead of biting the bullet and honouring them, the prices were increased from what I was originally quoted. When we arrived in Kaibo in the early afternoon (around 2 p.m.), the beach kiosk was closed. The next morning we asked at the beach bar whether they expected the kiosk to open and were told that someone would surely arrive "promptly between 10 and 11 a.m." (a strange use of the term promptly). Sure enough, someone arrived at 10:30 so we were able to rent stand-up paddleboards, despite an email reply that arrived while we were on the water saying that only advance reservations would be allowed. We ask about other tours going out later that day and the rest of the week. The staff member was strange, unable to answer general questions without quoting strict policies and procedures. She told us that we would have to check with the boss to find out whether there was space available since she was the one who decided if tours went out or not. Nonetheless we took the boards out and had a great time. When we returned, we were told there was indeed space available if we wanted to book or we could wait and take our chances. Since our plans weren't yet solid, we decided to wait. When we came back the next morning to ask about joining the bioluminescence tour, we were flatly told there was no more space. While that is understandable, it would have been nice to have been offered alternate dates or even to be put on a cancellation list.

Probably the least friendly experience we had on the island.

Michael M, Manager at The Sweet Spot, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Hello. Thanks for taking the time to review our services, and sorry to hear that you did not have a good time with us.

To address some of your concerns we would like to add a few things. At our Kaibo location we try to have a staff member there to do rentals and lessons from 11am-3pm, but during slow times we sometimes close early. This is why we ask people to make reservations, so we can guarantee that somebody will be there to help. So even though at times you don't need advanced booking, it is recommended.

As for our emailing, we reviewed of our email conversations and noted that your first attempt to contact us was on Oct. 23rd. We responded that same day with a complete list of our activities and prices. Originally you were interested in SUP lessons, which cost US$60/person. Over the course of several emails back and forth about our activities, we answered within 24 hours of receipt, which is standard practice. Though no reservation was made we tried to provide all the correct information.

On the day that you came to visit we were there and happy to help you rent a SUP, which was US$25/hour per board. This is our advertised rate on all our literature and email responses. This is also the cheapest rental rate on island. I am glad that you had fun!

We are sorry about your experience with our staff at the beach. We actively try to work with young Caymanians that are looking for work experience and training. On that day our manager was on tour when you arrived and our young trainee was not sure about the answers to your questions. Within an hour our manager was back on the beach to answer questions and was happy to help book a Bio Tour for you.

Unfortunately that night we were fully booked, and offered a space on the next night if you were interested. Though since there was nobody booked the following night we informed you of the 4 person minimum for the tour to go out. We would of happily put your name on a cancelation list, but we didn't know that you wanted to do that.

We will talk with our staff about answering questions better and we are sorry that you feel this way. As you can see from our previous reviews we take customer service very seriously. If you had let us know that you had an issue while you were here we could have fixed it without any problems. This review was the first time that we knew that you had any problems

Hope you give us the chance to fix the situation and give us another chance when you return

Thanks