“Great one of a kind experience” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Owner description: Stingray Sand Bar
Ashburn, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
“Great one of a kind experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited the Stingray City as part of a wave runner excursion. We first met at a private resort/beach area where we changed and set out across the absolutely clear water to Stingray City. There were a few chartered boats there when we arrived but there is plenty of area to spread out, not to mention there was much more room when my wife jumped into my sons arms when she saw the shadow of a giant stingray. These creatures are amazing and gentle, we were given a class and squid from our guide to feed them by hand, you can also put your arms out and they will come right up to your lips IF YOU ARE BRAVE. If you do this it is supposedly good luck, this is a must to see and at a minimum the water is beautiful.

Grand Cayman
20 attraction reviews
“If you miss it, you've missed out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

A true experience for everyone and one you won't soon forget!

Don't let fear stop you, just say "yes" to Stingray City!

Grand Cayman
3 attraction reviews
“It's a must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Grand Cayman, but for visitors this is a must do. Period. Do it! Personally, I have always taken my guests to Stingray City via Captain Marvin's. They are affordable, friendly and do not overcrowd their boats.

Visited April 2013
10 attraction reviews
“A spiritual experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We visited the Caymans a few years ago, and went to this attraction. I cannot remember the name of the charter, but they were very nice. They were located in a strip mall on one of the main roads. If you go to the Grand Caymans, you absolutely MUST go on this charter. The stingrays are calm, and sweet, and are always hungry for the squid you will feed them. To be up close with these birds of the sea, is an amazing and spiritual experience. We did not have any issues with the charter, the photographers, or the stingrays. You must always remember that stingrays in other parts of the world are not used to humans like these are, and even at the other side of the Caymans at Rum Point, they are not "domesticated" and you should be respectful of them. I think that everyone should have a chance to share 15 minutes with these gentle creatures and their view of ocean life will change for the betterment of all.

Burlington, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“I though I would love it but didn't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really wanted to swim with the rays but it didn't go well for me. I don't have phobia's or fears but I had a sever fear attack when they came close and brushed against me. The water was very wavy so I couldn't see them coming until they were right beside me. I assumed the water would be waist high so I could look down at the stingrays but it was closer to my shoulders. I still get a chill down my spine when I even look at a photo of a stingray. Having said all this my husband and teenaged boys loved it and said watching me have a stingray meltdown was the highlight of their trip. LOL

Visited May 2013