“The highlight of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 192 Activities in Grand Cayman
Type: Tours, Adventure
San Francisco, California
“The highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor, however I use it a lot! Our experience with Capt. Shawn and Capt. Erlon was worth me writing one!

We originally planned on going to Sting Ray City on a big boat with many people, but we met Capt. Erlon at Starfish Point and he was so great that we decided to charter a trip with him and am I happy we did!
It was just our family of 5 on the boat. Capt. Erlon took us to 3 different spots to snorkel and visit the stingrays. He was so knowledgable about the fish, where to anchor his boat (based on tides), the weather (we had a small rain shower) and the best places to snorkel. We had our 3 daughters with us and he was so patient and helpful to them. I couldn't believe how much they loved to snorkel and it was because Capt. Erlon showed them amazing fish and since he was snorkeling with us, he educated them on the different types of fish, coral, etc.

Capt. Erlon was such a pleasure to talk to and learn more about the caymans, its' history and culture. It was truly an honor to spend the day with him.
When we got back to the marina after a solid 4 hours on the sea ($360 for a family of 5) Shawn met us and gave our daughters huge conch shells as a souvenir. They loved it!

When we come to the Caymans again this will be the first outing we will book. It was quite an experience! Thanks Captain Erlon!

Neenah, Wisconsin
“Great Day In the Cayman Islands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked a private tour directly with Shaun to Stingray City, Coral Gardens and Starfish beach for our family based on tripadvisor reviews. We were a group of 2 families ranging from 9 to 70 years old. We were picked up promptly at the cruise ship and brought right to the boat and got an early start to Stingray City. We were one of the first ones to the stingray city before many other boats packed full of people showed up. Shaun and Erlon made sure we all had a turn holding the stingrays and got all the photos we wanted before leaving for the next stop. At Coral Gardens, Erlon showed us an eel and was able to point out many of the fish/coral and educate us (and others) on them. The next stop was starfish beach. Erlon was able to very quickly secure 5 starfish for our group and we all took turns getting photos. (while people from other boats watched us!) On the boat we had soda, beer, rum punch, and marinated conch all while getting an education on the area and people of the island. We had 2 people who could not swim in the group but they were able to participate seeing stingray city and starfish beach (which was really great!) At every step of the way Shaun and Erlon were making sure we were all satisfied and enjoying ourselves.That was one of the reasons we chose a private tour and everyone was thrilled with the choice. We all had a really great day!

Visited March 2013
Sykesville, Maryland
“Highlight of our trip to the Cayman Islands!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked a private charter for our family of 6 through Shaun after reading all the great reviews on trip advisor. Shaun's wife picked us up at our condo and brought us to the marina where Erlon took us out for the day. We visited Stingray Island, Coral Gardens, Starfish City, and snorked at the Barrier Reef. In between we had lunch at Kaibo. The entire day was perfect. Erlon was so interactive with our kids. He snorkeled with us and was kind enough to point out all the interesting things that we might have missed. He was the reason our day was so fantastic!! He even cleaned out some conch shells for us, which we now proudly display in our kitchen, and was quick to offer us drinks. It was truly the best day of our vacation. Shaun then returned us to our condo. I've never written a review on trip advisor, but Seven Seas deserved me taking the time to write one. My only advice - we wore 50 spf sunscreen and still got fried, even after reapplying during the day. I would wear the highest spf you can find. A day we will remember for a long time for sure!

Charleston, SC
“Private Charter with Capt. Shaun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Family and I were going on a Disney cruise and decided to try and find a non-cruise related excursion. I emailed Capt. Ebanks two weeks prior to our trip and he responded quickly and answered all of my questions. He was very flexible and easy to work with and we booked a 5 hour charter to Stingray City, the coral heads and the reef. The price was lower than what we would have paid for a similar tour through the cruise ship and much less crowded.

Shaun met us at the terminal and drove us to the marina. On the way he told us some of the history of Grand Cayman and answered any of our questions. Once we got to the marina we boarded the boat and were off. We made our way to Stingray City and dropped anchor. Capt. Shaun and his first mate Ray both got in the water and helped us with the stingrays. They told us all about the rays and snapped pictures for us. It was nice to notice that our private boat held our 11 family members while the excursion boats from the cruise ships were larger and packed with 50+ people. Next we were off to the coral heads, once again the Capt. was in the water with us telling us about the coral and pointing out fish and helping our kids with the snorkels (snorkels, masks and life jackets all provided). After our stop the Capt. passed out the free drinks (beer, rum punch, sodas, water provided). Finally, we stopped at the reef. Some of our group stayed on the boat to get some sun while the rest of us snorkeled for another hour. After a leisurely cruise back to the marina, Capt. Shaun drove us back to the terminal in plenty of time to catch the tender back to the Wonder. The five hours flew by.

Everyone loved this excursion. Capt. Shaun was great and I would highly recommend him and his tour. I can't imagine being on one of the crowded tour boats. This is the only way to go.

Visited March 2013
Statesville, North Carolina
“An unforgettable experience with Captain Shaun and John John”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Where do I begin.....This private tour with Captain Shaun and Co-Captain John John was absolutely amazing. I can't say enough good things about these guys. I had contacted Shaun a few weeks prior to our cruise about a private tour with my family. After taking several cruises and booking excursions with the cruise line, I didn't want to pay the high price and fight the big crowds on these excursions so I got in touch with Shaun. Luckily he was available for a private tour for the day we were porting into Grand Cayman. Thirteen of my family members and I met Shaun at the cruise terminal and took a short bus ride to the marina. During our bus ride Shaun gave us lots of info about the Cayman Islands which was very interesting. Once on the yacht, Volare, we were off to Stingray City. We were very skeptical about getting in the water but Shaun calmed all our fears and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had a few people come over to our group and want to join but Shaun quickly let them know that this was a private tour. We then headed to Coral Gardens to snorkel. This was one of the most beautiful areas that I have ever snorkeled. Shaun got in the water with us and fed the fish so we could get an up close look. Once back on board the Volare Shaun and John John offered us complimentary drinks. That made for a nice stroll over to Starfish Beach. Once at Starfish beach Shaun covered us in starfish for some awesome pictures. While there we found a guy cleaning conch shells. Shaun and John John offered to clean some up for us so we could take them back as souvniers. They were beautiful. On our way back to the marina, Shaun let my cousin (age 8) be the "captain." He told him everything about the yacht and how to steer. Once back at the marina Shaun took us back to the cruise ship terminal. This was definitely the highlight of our cruise. We feel like VIP's while in the Caymans. Anytime we go back to the Caymans Shaun will be the first one we call to schedule another private tour. He truly made us all feel like family. Thanks again Captain Shaun and John John for an unforgettable experience.