We went to this resort under Grand Caymanian Resort during the second week of September. We were surprised seeing the new name, Holiday Inn Express resort. The reason we chose this resort because of location. By looking at the map it is away from the busy hotels and resorts area like 7 mile beach. We expected to have good privacy here.
I would like to give 5 stars for the location although it is without beach, but so many problems we faced ruined our week long stay.
Pro: 1. Right at water front, but no beach, all rocks and seaweeds.
2. Quite, no other resources around.
3. Beautiful golf course near by
4. No timeshare presentation
5. Good shuttle services
7. Beautiful weather
Con: 1. Need big improvement on customer services and operation. When I checked in, I asked for higher floor because I always have problem sleeping. The lady at the front desk lied to me that all rooms were filled. The fact was less than 1/3 were filled. We saw less than 10 people on the first few days. The hotel renovated the floor during low season. The operation manager left a letter to inform guests one day before the job started. The worker used the electric drill digging out and breaking the tiles in front of my room. I felt my nerve was going to break down because it was shaking in my chase and brain. I asked the man to stop. I finally asked the man to stop. He did. I came out and left a note for the manager at the front desk. No words from the management or the front desk.
2. No beach walk
3. Many problems in the kitchen. It is not ready for resort/time share place. No coffee mug and spoons, no cutting board, no new dish washing scrub pad. They left the used one for us. When we called, we were told that they never put out the new one. No dish washing detergent. Broken kitchen cabinet handle. Microwave did not work properly. Cannot set it to stay working. No kitchen scissor, no toaster. However, the maintenance man and housekeeper always came when we requested, but some problems could not be fixed.
4. Safe deposit did not work.
5. Shower did not work. The man fixed it many times and we gave it up. We did not take the shower on the first day.
6.Towels were very hard like sand.
7. Orientation - not thing. No resort personnel or orientation as advertised. The restaurant workers just put a small pot of coffee out, just enough for 2 cups. It was just the tour sale.
8. Internet was super slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands