First, if you are coming to Grand Cayman to stay right on a sandy beach, this is not the place. However, if you want gorgeous views, a spot right on the ocean, unbelievable sunrises and sunsets, then this may be the place.
We stayed in a two-bedroom condo unit on the first floor. The rooms were large, pleasant, fully supplied (washing machine, too) and newly furnished. The living room and both bedrooms opened onto the shaded patio. Both bedrooms had comfortable, fairly new king beds with their own bathrooms (yes, two sinks and a large shower/hot tub).
The restaurant on the premises actually has tasty vegetarian offerings and some of the best smoothies I have tasted. The prices were reasonable for good food on a Caribbean island. We loved the wait staff, especially Sandra, who always warmly welcomed us and made sure we enjoyed the freshly made food. Thank you, Sandra.
Getting to 7 Mile Beach was a cinch. No, we did not rent a car; we were there to relax. Fortunately, the resort offers a free shuttle that in August runs from 9-5. Our favorite driver, Torrey, made sure everybody arrived at the desired destination and arranged a pick-up time upon leaving passengers off. He is a great source of information, has a wonderful sense of humor, and genuinely enjoys meeting people and helping us discover his island. Thank you, Torrey. The other drivers are quite good, too, but Torrey is the one who drove us almost daily.
The desk staff was always helpful and always made sure any problems were fixed quickly, while giving great suggestions for places to visit, etc. Alexandra was most helpful.
The rest of the staff was outstanding, too. When we arrived, our bolt lock was not working. We called the front desk and somebody came to try to fix it withing 20 minutes. His was a temporary fix, so another worker came with an assistant the next day and completed the repair. Upon seeing us by the pool the next day, he asked how the bolt was working, letting us know they would gladly fix anything we might have a problem with.
In short, the resort is perfect for relaxation. It is not amidst the hubbub of the island, but the shuttle will quickly take you to the grocery store, the beach, the new mall, or downtown. The rooms are great. The staff is the best we have encountered in all 8 of our stays in the Caribbean.
We plan to head back next year if we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands