Being owners of the resort, this was our 6th visit since 2000. It is just how we remembered it 4 years ago but with some excellent upgrades. The reception was totally renovated for the better, bar area, beach area, gardens.... Some reviews mention a musty smell, that has been there since 2000, its not musty by all means. The staff were as friendly as always. The timeshare rooms are in need of an update, carpets need changing and showers need changing. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with them, they are just old! Compared to the hotel side, they are beginning to look shabby, but this DID NOT make any difference to our experience here.
The tennis courts have been let go a little since our last trip. We borrowed a friends car whilst there and to clean the sand, they even offered us the shop vac and cleaning supplies without asking.
Didn't eat at the restaurant as we liked to sample the local eateries.
The "new" beach is better. Ever since we've been going, they've tried to make it a beach without much success but as long as you do your research, don't expect a 7 mile beach beach. What they have is great, lovely large pier, hammocks, lots of beds and chairs on the beach and new beds around the pool.
This resort is not on the 7 mile beach so not sure why some reviews say its out of the way, remote and you need a car? Thats what trip advisor is all about. Its quiet this time of year 24-8 July at 20% full and just perfect for us.
Can assure you of a wonderful stay, trust me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands