The hotel is located about 2-3 minute drive away from the main roads, which is good and bad.
Good because it's quiet and peaceful throughout the day (except for karaoke nights and occasional rooster crowing).
Bad because we really needed a rental car to go anywhere -- nothing in a quick walking distance, about 40 minutes walk away from Seven Mile Beach.
That being said, our stay was fairly good having a rental car. The facility was relatively clean, most of the staff, especially the female staff, were very friendly and helpful. The gift shop at the hotel covered basic needs, and there was a supermarket 5 minutes away.
Although, we did need some initial struggle to get all the comfort. Upon arrival to out room, we noticed a very limited ocean view and frequent car noise, so we requested another room. A male frontdesk staff argued that we were imagining the car noise, obviously not understanding the hotel layout (parking lot/beach access road right next to the room!) and constant construction crew driving around the facility. With a bit of coaxing he reluctantly changed our room, which had a better ocean view and much quieter.
Another negative was little bugs crawling around the bed. Not sure if they did any harm, but it didn't feel very comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Grand Caymanian
- The Grand Caymanian Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Caymanian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.