“One of my kid's highlights” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Caverns/ Caves
Attraction Details
WDWmichelle
13 attraction reviews
“One of my kid's highlights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

While on our trip, every couple of days we would ask everybody to name 3 highlights. It was a great way of having family conversation and helping us remember to fun we had. My 10-yr old and 9 yr old both had the Pirates Cave's as one of their top 3 (if my 2 yr old could talk I'm sure she would say the same.) My kids loved the animals and exploring the caves. And all 3 had a parrot put on their head, which they thought was cool.

appleton, wi
14 attraction reviews
“Loved it here! Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We spent a good hour enjoying this place... shortly after entering I was holding a Scarlet Macaw in my arms like a baby, while another parrot sat on my head. Then we walked down into the cave to look at the bats. Then we visited all the other critters they have here... all were healthy and happy!

Canton, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was one of the best attractions on our trip. My kids loved it so much we went back for a second time. Highly recommend it for family's with kids.

Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Pleasant, small-scale attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there during February vacation with 8 year old grandson. We had a nice time with the parrots, and an enjoyable walk through the grounds.

Contrary to the claims of some of the other reviewers (some of whom I'm guessing would have an ax to grind with any place that kept animals), we found the creatures on exhibit to be healthy and well cared for. While there is not enough here to make for anything more than an hour-long visit, the admission price reflects that and the place does have value in educating youngsters about local flora and fauna.

Visited February 2013
London, ON
12 attraction reviews
“Best for smaller kids..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

A bit of a tourist trap. The youngest (10) in our group enjoyed it the most. It's basically a petting zoo in someone's backyard with an underground grotto like thing in the lava rock. You might spend an hour there if you take your time. Worth a visit if you have time to kill.

Visited February 2013