“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My boyfriend & I ate here this past week. We drove to Rum Point from Seven Mile Beach, but I was told you can take a boat from there. The boat ride is free if you eat at the restaurant. We had the trio of ceviche, which was fine. They also gave us a free sample appetizer, already picked out by the kitchen, and bread. I ordered the seared diver scallops, which were amazing. Sooooo good, I'm so glad I ordered it. And my boyfriend ordered a fish entree, he wasn't particularly impressed with any of the fish dinners on the island. He did enjoy sharing my scallop dinner with me. The drinks were great, and we ordered the key lime pie for dessert. That was delicious as well. The restaurant has a great view of the ocean. The service was good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Fantastic meal ruined by poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate the Seafood hot pot, at $33, it seemed pricey. Not so, it was worth every penny. An awesome meal. The wine list is exceptional and the atmosphere, right on the beach, is outstanding. I would have gone for dessert but the service was so poor, I couldn't stand another minute of it. The waiter brought our check before our meal, he forgot to take our order, he was confused about the menu, and everything else. Even the manager was AWOL when I wanted to complain. The place had only five tables full in the off season so no excuses here.

Visited June 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great food right on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I had the jerk chicken wrap and my wife had the fish sandwich. Both were great! We also had the mudslide and another rum drink. The drinks rivaled Mama's Fish House in Maui. If you've been there then you know how tough those drinks are to even come close to. Rum Point is a great place!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Fun and tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Rum Point after spending a romantic evening at the Lighthouse the night before. The atmosphere makes it a wonderful experience...very bright and full of island color! While the food was good it did not compare to our other choice for the week. The service and staff were friendly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn, New York
“Up Scale at Rum Point Rest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had my Birthday Dinner at the Rum Point restaurant. Very Pleasant experience. Drinks were good food was excellent-Had surf and turf of course for my birthday-lol
Service was also good even though the waiter was a bit busy as several large groups were being accommodated.
All in all a great meal and good time.

• Visited May 2013