“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peter Island Resort

Save Saved
You added Peter Island Resort to your Saves list
Peter Island Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 211, Road Town | Tortola, 00801 2409, Peter Island   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Peter Island
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The third of four hotels on this trip; not the most modern in terms of decor, but our favourite! A lovely atmosphere, the food was excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly. Beautiful views from all sides of the island. We spent a day at White Bay, transferred by the hotel and then a nice picnic delivered to us at lunchtime. Excellent snorkelling there. Lots of activities available, but also lots of space to relax and do nothing. The islands are really beautiful and we would happily go back for longer next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been waiting over a month to write this. My wife and i went to PETER ISLAND in August and loved it so much, that she wanted to return in October for her Birthday, so we went back. The staff was so happy to see us and made everything so special for my wife. I can not say enough about this place and no words can express how great the staff will treat you. Mr Mason is the best GM we have ever met. to everyone on PETER ISLAND we say thank you and we will see you in June for our next vacation.
thanks
Anthony & Irene
Long Island NY

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrie S, Manager at Peter Island Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Anthony & Irene,

It was even more of a pleasure to host you the second time! Our staff will forever appreciate all your kindness and appreciation. Repeat guests like you make our job so fun and rewarding! We look forward to hosting you over and over again in the coming years.

Williamstown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

No hotel is perfect, but Peter Island is just about perfect for us. We've been guests at Peter Island for about 15 years-- typically we stay for four nights in mid-December and occasionally we head down for a week in April. We generally stay in the Ocean View rooms near the harbor. We love Peter Island because the beach, the dining (in the past three to five years in particular) and the staff have all been excellent. The resort owns the entire island so we enjoy walking the length of the island every morning-- spectacular views and a nice breeze. The beach is relatively long (for the BVI) with clear water-- so we spend our days swimming, sailing and reading on the beach. Evenings are quiet-- a nice long dinner followed a walk by the boats in the harbor. Ideal-- for us.

Room Tip: Ocean View and Beach Front are both nice. Ocean View rooms are smaller but fine-- they have views of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrie S, Manager at Peter Island Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

How wonderful that you and your partner have found a destination that is perfect for you! Selecting a vacation spot that fits your personality and gives you what you really want out of a vacation can be difficult. We are so glad that our island turned out to be that place for you, and look forward to hosting you again and again for years to come. Thank you for your loyalty - it is so truly appreciated. We hope to see you soon!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Sailing round the BVIs last week, long story short my back went into spasm and I found myself at a medical clinic getting treatment. The doctor advised going back on the boat for the remaining 3 days and that recooperation should be on solid, dry land. He suggested Peter Island. My husband and I had never heard of the resort yet just one hour after that suggestion we arrived on Peter Island.

I mention this as a reviewer who knew nothing about the resort.
By the end of the three days we could have stayed three weeks. Our two daughters remained on board the catamaran we had hired with another family but they moored it in Dead Man Beach which meant we could continue all being together.
The resort could not have been more understanding and for that we remain extremely grateful.
The staff were friendly yet unobtrusive, the food was excellent, the grounds beautifully tended, the room lovely.
We regard our stay at Peter Island as a happy accident that we wish to repeat in the not too distant future thanks to the kind and friendly people that make it the welcome find it is.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry to hear about your back, yet so glad we had the opportunity to meet you, host you, and aid in your recovery. The peace and serenity of our island makes it a natural healing place for both the body and mind. Thank you for following the "doctor's orders" and staying with us! Our staff is so dedicated to making sure guests receive the unique experience they need - whether its personalized service for the injured, romantic details for honeymooners, or customized accommodations for large families. Please come visit Peter Island again when you are well so that you can enjoy some of our more adventurous activities! We look forward to hosting you again soon, and hope that your back is feeling better.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here recently to check the island out. From the ride over on their own ferry to your greeting, to your room, to the food and beverage, the experience is amazing. I think it may be the best service I've experienced in the BVI. Even the groundskeeper, Joel expressed his sincere gratitude for us being there. It feels nice to be appreciated. The food is hands down the best we've had in the BVI yet - pricey, but worth it. The beach and pool are tranquil. The spa is truly amazing. The scenery is a post-card no matter which direction you look. We stayed on the beach suites which we loved. See through shower with two shower heads provided for a nice couples romantic touch. This is not just an adults place, but i believe the children have to be 8 or older and manners and etiquette are definitely encouraged. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: There are 3 room choices - poolside, beachside or one of the villas. I honestly don't think you...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My company rented twenty rooms on the island for our annual corporate retreat. By far of all of the trips we've taken over the years (Vail, Steamboat, Bahamas, Keys, etc) this was by far the best.

Private ferry ride over to the island, welcome cocktails, introduction to the island.

Amazing huge waterfront rooms, comfortable beyond words.

Pools, water sports, boats, etc.. Not a bad thing about this...

As most of the visitors are couple on retreat, we were a tad out of place with 20+ of us all there, single and part of a corporate retreat, but that worked well.

I would not hesitate to go back to the island with my girlfriend, or even alone just to get away.

It's done perfectly. That simple.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Peter Island for your company's retreat. The natural splendor of our island lends itself well to groups large and small, especially since we have so many spacious beaches. I am glad to read your experience was so enjoyable, and that you felt the warm welcome our staff strives so hard to extend to each and every guest. Please come visit us when you are on a personal vacation so you can experience the island in another way! We look forward to seeing you again.

Henderson, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a wonderful week here and the staff is lovely. The beach sand is soft and white the water is clear and blue. Our flight was into St. Thomas and the cab took us to the dock and to our surprise the boat was a 54' cabin cruiser that made for a very nice ride over to the island with one short stop at customs (this was arranged by Peter Island $125 per person round trip). After arriving we had a short tour and then to our room (125 lower room by the dock) which was very nice and would book again. The bed is to died for, my husband and i had the best sleep ever for the whole week. One small thing about the bathroom the tub could have the oval shower curtain maybe to make the shower area a little larger. Then to the beach to rest after the long plane and boat ride. The beach had a great view and nice chairs, the staff come up and down to see if anything is needed. Dinner was very good as well is breakfast and lunch. I booked a day at the spa and ONI is wonderful, she put me to sleep twice and Wendy is very sweet. The next day my husband and I had a trip over and I mean over to Honeymoon beach. This is nice but no staff asking what I need and then it rained so when the van came to pick us up it could not get back over the rough mountain road so a boat had to come pick us up (thank you very much Azim). We also made a trip over to White Bay Beach. The beach was not as pretty as Deadman beach, the sand was rocky and much more brown and the chairs and huts are in some need of repair. I liked seeing the other beach and it was the best beach for snorkeling. For the staff you will love Gene she is somewhat a star at Peter Island and Thelma, Sheila, Marsha, Marsha,Jane, Azim, Aldridge, the captain, Derek, Juliana (Juliana can remember any name but Thelma says she cant remember anything else LOL) and all the others are great. They truly want you to be happy and there to help you have a great time. These people get it, what service and kindest but what i felt from these people was they are happy to have you there. On the last day when leaving a storm was moving into the islands so we were unable to leave by boat and the staff help us get a plane from Tortola to St Thomas to be able to make our plane home. This was no small task at all, Thank you for all your help. Also after coming home Wilbur the general manager called after hearing our AC leaked water on our clothes, to make sure we were able to get home and see if we had a great vacation. I told him it was like a dream come true ( I know cheesey) but the minute we stepped on the island I was looking for a short guy saying the plane the plane. Well fantasy Island meet real life. In short if you want to go someplace that makes you feel pampered and eat some great food then you have found the right place.

We had a great time and would do it again but I would not book ever again with Jetsetter. Please read as followers:

This is not about Peter Island only about Jetsetter.

I am very unhappy with your service, your lack of concern and misleading ads. I was looking at the site one day when a flash sale came up to Peter Island stating all inclusive at $220 per night. so I called customer service to ask is this right and she states "Yes". I then asked for two people and again "Yes" and I asked all inclusive and again "Yes". So that next day I called Peter Island do you do business with Jetsetter and she said yes. So I called Jetsetter back is there anything I need to do other than go online to book this all inclusive deal for this price and she response was no just check your dates and book it. So that was in June and now in October we are at Peter island it is lovely but after our first meal and the ticket was presented all the food charges was on it. Well that is funny if this is all inclusive my husband remarked. And then the next morning the same thing . So starting to have a bad feeling I emailed jet setter what had happened and a day later someone responded sorry I did not choose the all inclusive rate I took the room only rate. I emailed back that in the flash sale it did not state room only it stated all inclusive and when I called no one stated then was a room only rate and I asked if all inclusive and was informed yes. That was 4 days ago and I am still waiting, When someone takes time to send an email one should receive a response but I would expect no less after the service I have received from your company. The one thing I have learned from my experience is always get it in writing from you because either your customer service salespeople are unknowable or misleading in their response.

I felt a little concern was warranted but your none response answered loud and clear. On my many travel sites I will write of my experience so others become aware of your service.

Truly Unhappy,

Terry Douglass

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrie S, Manager at Peter Island Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for spending your vacation with us and for posting this very helpful and detailed review! We are so glad that your vacation was a dream come true and that you took note of so many of our fabulous staff members who are so dedicated and passionate about providing extraordinary service. We are sorry to hear about your experience with Jetsetter, and will look into this from our end to make sure that we can avoid confusion for future guests. Thank you for sharing this feedback with us along with all this fantastic information about your stay.

C. Smith

Been to Peter Island Resort? Share your experiences!