My husband and I stayed at Biras Creek for our Honeymoon in June. We studied the reviews on Trip Advisor and picked it as the best choice for us, and we were right! The rooms were as pictured- simple, beachy and comfortable. We loved having the separate living area and balcony. It was quite hot that week but the a/c worked well for the bedroom. The bathroom was fun- we loved the outdoor shower. We had room 11A, on the advice of a Trip Advisor writer, and we think it was the best in the place. The price for the oceanfront room was definitely worth it--we slept each night with waves literally crashing on our bedroom window.
Biras had great food and service! They served breakfast daily in the restaurant, with panoramic views. Lunch was a BBQ during the weekdays and at the restaurant on the weekend. We also loved that for lunch you could have a picnic packed or eat at the nearby cafe for no extra charge. The cafe had an awesome curry dish that I still crave! The dinners were amazing- 4 star food, plenty of choices. If you don't like something, they'll accommodate you. Every night there was a huge cheese plate and port bar.
The area was very rugged and secluded, but amazingly beautiful. We were definitely happy to have the bikes to get around. We spent most of the days at the private beach, drinking Painkillers (our favorite!). One of the best activites were the boston whalers which we could take out anytime and cruise around. The area is surrounded by many small islands, some of which have nothing and no one on them. I've never felt so free- to be on an island alone in the middle of nowhere was great!
We also took the half day trip to the baths and the full day trip to Anegada- both were well worth it. We had a couples massage and it was the massage was the best I've ever had. (And I've gotten them all over the country).
One of the most amazing things at Biras was the absence of housekeeping, cleaning crews or any service staff. I think they must have been alerted when we were at Breakfast and Dinner because our room was cleaned each day when we returned from eating...and we never saw a maid.
Don't go to Biras if you are expecting 5 star hotel conditions, white gloves, or 24 hour food and service. But, if you want a secluded, rustic, caribbean experience, you will not be disappointed. Sure, there were a few lizards, mosquitos and iguanas, but nothing untolerable.
When we went to the Bitter End Yacht Club next door, it felt like Disneyland. We were so happy to be secluded and alone at Biras- where we didn't need room keys, and the staff knew our names. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get away, bond, and relax. We can't wait to go back on a future anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized as one of the top luxury destinations in the Caribbean, Biras Creek Resort features 31 Suites nestled within 140 acres on beautiful Virgin Gorda. Only reachable by boat or helicopter and set amidst three distinct bodies of water, the enormous protected lagoon of North Sound, the open Atlantic Ocean, and the Caribbean Sea, Biras Creek provides a paradise for swimming, sailing, and snorkeling at the edge of the Resort's private white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Biras Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biras Creek Hotel North Sound
- Biras Creek Resort All Inclusive
- Biras Creek Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands