Our family of 4 stayed at Biras Creek in March and were somewhat disappointed. For the cost of the stay, we expected much more.
First, the resort needs a facelift. We had 2 rooms and found them to be outdated, and one had a peculiar smell that we couldn't quite place. The bikes, although a nice touch, kept falling apart... 3 broken chains and 2 flat tires, all in just 6 days. The motorboats (again, a great idea) were in badly need of repair. The first time we took one out (after waiting 30 mins for them to fix the motor), had a large leak in the bow and we had to return after taking on water.
There seemed to be a lack of adequate staffing in most areas. The staff, although usually helpful, were not overly enthusiastic or friendly. We can't remember them using our name once.
We will definitely be returning to the BVIs, but probably not to Biras Creek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized as one of the top luxury destinations in the Caribbean, Biras Creek Resort features 31 Suites nestled within 140 acres on beautiful Virgin Gorda. Only reachable by boat or helicopter and set amidst three distinct bodies of water, the enormous protected lagoon of North Sound, the open Atlantic Ocean, and the Caribbean Sea, Biras Creek provides a paradise for swimming, sailing, and snorkeling at the edge of the Resort's private white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Biras Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biras Creek Hotel North Sound
- Biras Creek Resort All Inclusive
- Biras Creek Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands