“Outstanding service, beauty, quality and amenities.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   P.O. Box 54, VG1150, Virgin Gorda   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Sound
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service, beauty, quality and amenities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went to Biras Creek on honeymoon and were amazed at the quality we found on every level. There are complimentary bikes to get around the resort (It's quite large and spread out). There was also a large complimentary bottle of rum in each room. The mini bar is fully stocked with soft drinks and water all of which is complimentary but refills are charged for. There are Hobie Cats, Kayaks, snorkelling kit, Boston Whaler and folk boats all free to rent for up to 2 hours. If the watersports centre is not busy a longer rent can be arranged, again free of charge.

If you get fed up of swimming in one of the three bodies of water Biras Creek is surrounded by (Although only one beach is really suitable because out of the others, one is a marina the other is very rocky with strong rip tides) there is an outdoor pool. There is cold water and fresh towels here and drinks/ cocktails can be delivered on request and charged to your room.

The menu changes every two nights which is great as there is a lot of great food to chose from if you miss out on the salmon on the first night you can have it on the second night. Dinner is a luxurious occasion and there is a dress code. It consists of an amuse bouche (which is rarely vegetarian but apparently delicious...my other half had 2 most nights) followed by your starter, then there is a palette cleanser...a different sorbet every night, main course and desert. The menu costs $85 normally but is free if you are on a half or full board stay. The staff were very accommodating when I asked for a vegetarian version of a certain dish.

We stayed for a week and were never bored. The staff were happy to arrange other activities such as car hire, there were free ferries to other islands and regular excursions which you could choose to go on. There was a spa and a daily list of activities. Also newspapers at breakfast were a great idea!There is also a library and media room where we had complimentary afternoon tea.

There are hardly any negatives the only thing I would say is I would have preferred it if the swimming beach had less sea grass and sponge. It's fine to swim over just slimy to walk on.

There is lunch served at the beach ($83) or a cafe called The Fat Vigin (The literal translation of Virgin Gorda) but you can easily catch a ferry to other places such as Leverick Bay or Saba Rock for other lunch options.

Overall a fantastic experience and we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: go for an Ocean suite...the views are spectacular
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently spent my honeymoon at Biras Creek and it far surpassed my expectations. It is a unreal experience and if I took the time to write about how beautiful and peaceful it is, it still wouldn't do it justice. I felt like I was in a movie the entire time. One of my favorite "extras" was that they provided bicycles to get around the property. The staff is incredibly friendly and they were always willing to serve us or answer any questions that we had. If you are looking for peace and quite this is the place to go. The food is great. Breakfast and Lunch were my favorite. The lunch BBQ on the beach was amazing. We stayed in the Grand Suite. You get a huge room with a private plunge pool that overlooks the Atlantic ocean.

I guess it wouldn't be a full review if I didn't include some negative comments. They do have a beach on the property, it is a nice beach but we found that the better beaches were in Tortola. I recommend Smugglers Cove. The dinner menu stays the same for a few nights. I wouldn't say that it is a negative thing because they do provide 4 or 5 options for a main entrée. Dinner was my least favorite meal and it's not because it was bad. It's because breakfast and lunch were so good. Plus dinner gets to be a little more crowded. One positive review about dinner is that if you are a younger couple on your honeymoon (or you can probably pretend to be on your honeymoon) at dinner people will buy your drinks. I should probably mention the view from the restaurant is amazing.

I was recommended to this property after Jennifer from the Tropical Travelers(www.thetropicaltravelers.com). I don't travel that much so she was perfect to work with. She planned my trip to where I didn't have to do anything expect show up. Good job Jennifer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Kids under i believe 14 are not allowed but its a beautiful area and beautiful rooms, got nice complimentary breakfast and a great dinning room loved the chocolate fondant. If your here you have to see the baths on virigin gorda best beach ever walk its totally worth renting a vehicle and driving you get to go through devils cave the coolest part of the baths.

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Biras is an oasis of sincerity tranquility and sure relaxation... This is not your normal hotel (large chain) it's a home from home perfect for the honeymooners.. Both my wife and I returned to the Virgin Island after 15 yrs and it looks like nothing had changed since our last visit apart from the little touches..
The people were amazing... Service was at its normal pace for a relaxing holiday.. The bicycles that you have at your room we're perfect to explore this little haven .. And then you meet an unexpected "hitch hiker" on the road..an Huge Iguana waiting for some snack that we kept from breakfast... It seemed like a daily occurrence for us.. I want to say thank you to the team at Biras..

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

No other words to describe it. Location, cleanliness, food, attention to detail, service, and memories - all exceptional. Do not hesitate. Book it. You will fall asleep with the waves seemingly lapping at your window. You will return home and think of Biras often, and if you are like us, you will hope to return soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place that offered beauty, luxury, and peace and quiet. Biras Creek offered all of these and more. With only 31 villas you are guaranteed peace and quiet. The beauty is incomparable, the food outstanding, and the staff is ready to meet your every need. All of this is topped off by the beauty. I probably had to many "Pain Killers" but it was worth it! Do your self a favor and spend a least at Biras Creek.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 8B and it was outstanding.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

There are too many great things to say so let me start with the culture of the resort. If you are looking for peace, activity, beauty and tranquility, than this is your place. Definitely not a party place, although it sounds like you can boat to those if you desire. For us, we enjoyed the excellent service, fine food, quiet room, and the multitude of activities such as water sports, hiking, beach swimming and a really nice pool.

I can see how a couple reviews may think the women wait staff are a bit firm, but I am guessing most are day sailors, because once you get to know these women, they are excellent in every regard.

The bartenders are incredible! Leon and Clinton lead the way with drinks that will keep a smile on your face all day.

Our room was perfect and although I did not know what to think of the outdoor shower...it was our favorite aspect of the room!!!! I could not believe how remote it felt in the rooms and the privacy is unparalleled. Bikes at the room made life easy and fun while transiting the beautifully manicured grounds.

We loved the beach and Wayne and his crew did an amazing job setting up and assisting with water sports. We sailed, snorkeled, paddle boarded, and motor boated with great ease and with no hidden charges.

We arranged a photo session in our wedding wear with a local photographer and the staff were happy to assist us and drove us around on a cart for over an hour to different locations for photos. It worked out great.

It is hard to be critical of our experience there because we were so pleased....and so sad to go. The internet was down for a couple days, but that turned out to be a plus! Hiking was fabulous, the spa experience was at least as good as any other we have enjoyed at other world-wide locations. The food and wine was nothing short of fabulous and the transition to and from the airport was miraculously easy.

With not a single doubt, we will be Biras regulars for the rest of our lives.

Room Tip: They are all quiet but a ocean room is a definate. Also, pick a room on the ocean side of the duple...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Biras Creek Resort? Share your experiences!