Biras Creek Resort is a one of a kind resort that combines luxury, activity, great cuisine and adventure.
First the accomodations. There are 31 villas, most of which are right next to the Caribbean Sea. They feature a small bedroom, seperate living area, sun deck (that is half shaded), and a bath with a "garden" shower. Check their website---the layouts are on there. The mattress and pillows made for the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The linens were ultra premium. . The sun deck had two comfortable lounge chairs. There were a few minor detractions. First the furniture was a bit too worn, and the pillows that went with the sitting chairs were D+ quality. These little things didn't seem to make sense. I mean. if an expensive resort is going to spend over $1,000 on linens for each room, wouldn't you think that they would replace the chipped up wooden wastebasket? In spite of those small detractions, I would give the room an "excellent" rating, based on the location by the sea, the bedding, and the great deck.
Service: This was outstanding. Attentive, personal, thorough, friendly. You had the feeling that they all knew what they were doing, and that they had anticipated any need that you might have.
Cuisine: Again, outstanding. We bought the full meal plan. I recommend it. The restaurant is one of those places that doesn't try to do too much, and what it does is done to perfection. The dinner menu changes every two days. We met a lot of the guests there, and I did not hear one negative comment about any meal. Four or five days out of the week, lunch is served on the beach. They will grill mahi, grouper, shrimp, and lots of vegetables. All of that goes well with the fresh salads, fresh fruit and pasta. Fresh deserts are included with the lunch and dinner. Breakfast is just as good. Again lots of fresh fruit, omelots of your choosing, pastries and much more.
Adventure: There is plenty to do at Biras. Each guest is given a bike. There are three or four decent hiking trails on the property. Hobie cats, lasers, and kayaks are available at the beach at no charge. There are 5 or 6 small Boston Whalers available at no charge to do some limited exploring (the resort specifies a fairly limited boundary on these). The resort also arranges two or three complimentary snorkeling trips per week with their water sports director, Wayne. In addition to all of this, the resort arranges day trips to the Baths, Anegada, Tortola, as well as full day, half day and sunset sails on a 63' sailboat. They have a decent exercise area, and a lovely room called the Arawak Room, that is perfect for playing cards, board games or even watching a movie (there are more than 300 movies to borrow). There are two tennis courts.
Summary: Biras is a small, first class resort that you can only reach by boat or helicopter. If you stay a week, you will probably meet all of the guests that are staying with you. It is small only in that it only has 31 rooms. It is spread out over 140 acres, touching three bodies of water. It is truly a one of a kind resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized as one of the top luxury destinations in the Caribbean, Biras Creek Resort features 31 Suites nestled within 140 acres on beautiful Virgin Gorda. Only reachable by boat or helicopter and set amidst three distinct bodies of water, the enormous protected lagoon of North Sound, the open Atlantic Ocean, and the Caribbean Sea, Biras Creek provides a paradise for swimming, sailing, and snorkeling at the edge of the Resort's private white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Biras Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biras Creek Hotel North Sound
- Biras Creek Resort All Inclusive
- Biras Creek Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands