“Mediocre in every respect!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Saba Rock Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virgin Gorda
Prices are for rooms, adults
Saba Rock Resort
Save Saved
You added Saba Rock Resort to your Saves list
Virgin Gorda   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre in every respect!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Mundane rooms, some with very good view. Food averagwe but sky high in price. This place was awesome some yrs ago but like so many other sucess stories, their service dropped off, they jacked their prices beyond reasonable and the food sagged to very mediocre. Bitter End is still much better in every respect but also considerably more expensive. This is a place where we now cook on the boat and come ashore for maybe a drink, shower or to use a computer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is my second time staying at Saba Rock. It has been 2 years since I last visited the property and I am very pleased with my stay there.

+ Amazing customer service from general manager
- David, the general manager of Saba, went above and beyond to make sure I had a pleasant stay. Not only did he spend a lot of time answering my questions (I can be a very demanding client at times), he helped me plan my trip and did the best he could to make sure my stay was stress-free and fun. I am very thankful for David's helps and tips. Without David's help, I don't think my stay would have been as pleasant. Lara was also very helpful and she was very efficient.

I have also stayed at the Leverick Bay Hotel the night prior to my stay at Saba, and the level of service Saba Rock provides far exceeded my expectation and the level of service Leverick Bay provided.

+ Beautiful and Clean Room
At Saba, I stayed at the standard room, and the room was nice and comfortable. One down side is that wifi reception at the room isn't that great - connection can cut in and out at times.

+ Gorgeous Beach & Location
The beach is gorgeous and I love being able to step out of the door, take the ferry and kite. I love Saba's location, its proximity to Eustatia Island and Bitter End Yacht Club. Great place to just chill and do watersports!

+ Good Selection of Breakfast Food
Saba also offers a good selection of breakfast foods.

xoxo

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mgarraus, Public Relations Manager at Saba Rock Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Nicole!
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us!

Warm regards from SR!
See you soon!
St. Ann's, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had the good fortune to celebrate my birthday at Saba Rock last weekend (December 8th and 9th). It was tremendously relaxing and located in the pristine and azure North Sound, with lovely sunshine and lots of breeze (which greatly appealed to my Kiteboarding better half).

They feed the tarpon at 5pm daily right off their deck which has lovely sofas under umbrellas for lounging, all the while listening to ambient music. The restaurant's food was great - had the linguini Commodore pasta which was one of the most tasty meals I've ever had. With the all you can eat salad bar, it was a great value.

The North Sound is quite simply paradise (and I would live there if only i could!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Seeker,

We're very glad that you have such a great experience with us.

We hope to see you soon again!

Cheers,

SR
Road Town, Tortola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very disappointed with the room..no TV..room... the dust really bothered my sinuses and the sheets had been washed with far too much clorox so my skin was itching all night.
The complimentary breakfast was very good and consisted of coffee (very good), orange juice, toast and fresh fruit.
The location of the room was great with the fresh breezes of North Sound, views of Bitter End. There is a nice garden to the back with a sandy area and hammocks to relax in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Exeter, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We just had a mooring ball, so I can't speak to the rooms. Somehow I had heard about Bitter End, but not Saba Rocks. The bar was really comfortable with a beautiful view. Great Happy Hour drinks. Great shelter for the boat. Two nights were not enough. Will be back again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks a lot for writing a review!

Please come back soon!
Cheers from Saba Rock!
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was the second time we have moored the boat at Saba Rock after 5 days of sailing in the BVI. The mooring facilities are top notch, protected slips, shore power, and dockside water! It is really nice to be on a slip after 5 days on moorings! that is just the start! The staff are just incredible, everyone on Saba Rock is like family! The food in my opinion is the best in the BVI and we have been around! The Bar & Happy Hour are not to be missed, at 5:00 they feed the local Tarpon that is a sight not to be missed! The grounds and private beach with hammocks are immaculate, and the rooms are the best value anywhere! A special thanks to David & Lara for being so incredibly accommodating, and again the entire staff for providing the best food and service in Paradise!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Whe you are passing food is pretty good Lobsters are huge, just a lovely plae to be.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Saba Rock Resort? Share your experiences!