“Saba Rocks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saba Rock Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virgin Gorda
Saba Rock Resort
Save Saved
You added Saba Rock Resort to your Saves list
Virgin Gorda   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
Maui
“Saba Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Saba Rock is one of the most unique and beautiful places I have stayed in all my travels. The small hotel is perfectly situated in one of the most prestigious boating communities in the BVI. Rooms are spacious with incredible views and the entire property is immaculately maintained. A big thank you to David (General Manager) as he is the perfect host attending to all the guests wishes. We especially liked the hammocks on the small beach of the hotel, perfect to enjoy your first Bushwacker. The staff at the restaurants rocks, ithe atmosphere is lively at night with great food and reasonably priced drinks. We will definetley come back to Saba and recommend it to all of our friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Christiansted, St. Croix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I called to reserve a room, which would involve a 50-mile boat trip the following day. I was assured that there were two rooms available, and given my choice. I was also assured that there would be room at the dock for our boat. When we arrived after the long boat trip, the dockmaster asked if we were the ones to stay for a week, because he was holding the slip for a boat, and otherwise they were completely booked. So apparently they had a better chance to make money after our phone call. The next story he gave was that the owner was coming in, and taking the last room and he couldn't very well turn the owner away. He turned us away, offering to make a reservation at a neighboring resort, whose rooms were more than 2 1/2x the cost! At that point, we had no alternative but to take it. We usually stay on our yacht in the area but had always wanted to try Saba Rock for a future longer stay and to put up visiting friends in. NO WAY. They got our credit card number to guarantee our arrival, but we had no security that we would have a room after a lengthy and costly journey. He didn't even offer to cover the difference in room price between theirs and the resort we ended up (which was much better, anyway!).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed at Saba Rock for three nights. As a kitesurfer, this place is a paradise as I was able to kite around the island, and Kyle and David were both very helpful when I stayed at the resort. They went above and beyond to help me out w my questions, and anticipated potential problems w my travels I might face so I can better prepare for them if they were to happen. Furthermore, the view Saba Rock offers is amazing - I love chilling out and reading in the hammocks facing the ocean. The place is clean, comfy, cozy and fun, perfect atmosphere for a getaway at the BVI

I would have given Saba a 5 star rating if they served a wider selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
USVI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Coming from a pretty great place in the caribbean (St. Thomas), I am always increadibly happy to visit Saba Rock. Everyone at the resort is really friendly and welcoming and I even feel like they remember me each time I visit. The location in the North Sound is so beautiful and the hotel is always very clean and refreshing. Not to mention the awesome staff including David, Josey, Jemma and Rossie just to name a few. I can't wait to get back!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

While sailing in the BVI, we always stay for a night at Saba Rock!! We start with happy hour, feeding the fish and stay for Dinner, and a hotel room. David takes great care of us as do all the staff on the island!! It's one of our favorite spots on earth!!! Will be back April 2011.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Recently, my friends and I took a trip to the BVIs where we chartered a sailboat for seven days. I loved when our captain took us to the North Sound where we anchored off at Saba Rock and were greeted by the island’s manager, David. We arrived when the Saba Rock staff have their daily ritual where they feed the fish that live under the dock, which was very cool. After a fun happy hour, we relaxed and were in shock at the beautiful Caribbean setting. We were going to have dinner back at the boat, but we couldn’t resist to have dinner at this island with David. The staff had set up beautiful tables with candlelight right next right to the water. It was amazing! They have nightlights under the dock that attract the marine life and I remember staring at the water and watching all the marine life as they were giving us a show. I must say that Saba Rock is a beautiful place and really has a great history and personality, but the highlight was the food and the service. My whole group ordered different types of seafood dishes, and since I am not the biggest seafood fan, I ordered the NY Strip, which was the absolutely perfect, the best I’ve had in a long time. Even though I don’t usually enjoy seafood, I tried the other plates my friends ordered, and everything was fresh and delicious. Some of the food was even cooked right in front of us on a BBQ! I highly recommend Saba Rock not only for the beautiful setting and great service, but especially for their amazing restaurant and chef. Very strongly recommend this place! Thank you so much David, we will definitely go back to see you soon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

My girlfriend & I visited Saba Rock earlier this month while sailing in the BVI. We decided we wanted a break from the boat after spending a great happy hour at Saba on some blessed solid land. We rented their beachside room for the night and they even gave us a boaters discount! The room was simple & clean with nice large showers and a great free breakfast in the morning. This place is truly a gem - incredibly beautiful and I'm sure way cheaper than any of the other private islands! Dinner was also good - my girlfriend really loved the fish tacos. All in all, would definitely recommend it if you're in the area. We're planning so next year we can spend more time at Saba!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Saba Rock Resort? Share your experiences!