We came here after three trips to north Queensland in the last four years. So, unfortunately for Virgin Gorda, I had an unreachable level of expectation.
If fish watching is your priority, reconsider the Great Barrier Reef.
In my fist snorkel on the hotel’s beach I did not see ONE fish in the first 5 minutes. The day after I saw there a nice friendly turtle and sting ray though.
Having said this, the BVI are beautiful, the quality of the water is top class and the climate is possibly the very best. Never too hot, always slightly windy with perfect perfect (2 times) air temperature.
The resort is extremely well run; the staff is excellent with the perfect mix of friendliness and respect. The service is smiling and efficient. They really give you the impression that you are important to them.
The marina service are friendly and very efficient the (complimentary) beach drop service is excellent and the Diving is professional, efficient and correctly priced.
The rooms are good and very well kept.
They have three restaurants. The best is the beach one, with a simple menu of things made just to your order, fresh and nice. Also the Pina Colada is best there, where it is made to your order and is not the pre-made, minus 50 degrees frozen thing that you cannot taste because too cold.
The main cafeteria called the Pavilion is not a Michelin three stars, but it serves reasonably proper cuisine, basic menus but well done. The weak point is the supposedly top class restaurant called the Sugar Mill, where cuisine is not at the level of the ambition. We dined there two times and both were uninteresting, with overcooked fish and no flavor. I had grilled swordfish that I was obliged to cut with my knife because too cooked.
All in all, after we came to terms with the fact that sea life is Caribbean and not to Australian standards, we had a very outstanding sea experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands