During our stay in the BVI we stayed in a private house on Tortola. However, we wanted to get to know at least one of the fantastic resorts on the islands so we booked ourselves on night in the Little Dix Bay Resort on Virgin Gorda. What a great decision. This place is magic!
Founded by Rockefeller in the 1960s this hotel brought tourism to the British Virgin Islands. The Queen spent some time here when she visited the BVI aboard the Britannica. So it's no surprise that Little Dix is rather expensive. Luckily we got a great deal. If you aren't on a budget you should at least spend a night here though. It's worth every cent spent!
We were welcomed by a driver at the ferry with scented cool towels and ice cold water. He welcomed us with the words "Welcome to Paradise". At the reception we met another driver who brought us to our room in one of the golf cars that provide transportation in the large resort. He welcomed us with a friendly "Welcome Home". All staff member were incredibly friendly and make you feel like a queen yourself.
The resort is located at a half a mile crescent white beach. The sea is turquoise and calm and perfect for spending some lazy time in the water. I especially liked the floats that are available at the beach. You can just lie down on them and float along the water. Wonderful. You can also take your snorkelling gear (which you can rent for free at the watersports desk btw) and lie down on a float and snorkel the lazy way. Soooo relaxing!
The resort is located in a huge garden which is as clean and organised as you can imagine. Seems like Little Dix employs the best gardeners on the islands! There is a fantastic hilltop spa with a panorama yoga plateau and a small but lovely infinity pool and you can book watersports activities, boat trips and picnics in the resort. There also is a free boat shuttle service to Devil's Bay/The Baths and free snorkelling gear rental.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands